Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm Taking Thursday Off

My mother died on Sunday morning.  She tried to make it easy for us.  She wanted her body to go to the University of Utah's Medical School.  But they refused to take her.  How bad of shape do you have to be in to not get the job of, "cadaver"?

So we had to come up with a plan B.  Thank you Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary for having someone in the building on Sunday morning.

But then, we have no where to place her cause there are no more niches for cremains in the Murray City Cemetery.  Until later this spring.  And they WON'T take a deposit.

Deb is creeped out by having mom's remains in the house so what are we going to do with them?  Thankfully, Jenkins-Soffe to the rescue again.  They will store them for us.

My cancer doctor's office calls me on Monday.  They don't like my last urine sample.  Well, it WAS bladder cancer.  They want another one.  No problem, I'll be happy to give you one if it will keep me alive.

I had to write my mother's obituary today.  And then when I take a copy to the mortuary?  They would rather I go home, and email it to them.  It's easier to work with that way.  So I did.

I've been fighting a cold since last Thursday, and last night, I took the last Ibuprofen cold/sinus pill I had and forgot to go get more today.  Those things are AWESOME!

So tonight, I'm worn out, my nose is running, and I'm tired.  Tired of dealing with all the shit.

My son and his friends will move his grandmothers stuff home and out of Canyon Creek this weekend.  And we don't have to sell the condo any time soon.  So I got THAT going for me.

But I'm worn out.  I'm taking Thursday off from life.

I'm going to sleep as late as I like.  When I do get up, I'm going to shower, but I'm not going to shave.  I'm going to stay in my pajama pants and a tshirt all, damn, day!

I've got a couple of movies on the DVR that I've never seen before, and I'm going to watch them.  I'm not even going to TRY to answer the land line phone.

And if my cell phone rings, and it's a number that doesn't come up with a name attached to it?  Fuck em.  Leave a message.  I'll get back to you later.  Maybe.

So if I ignore you today, don't take it personally.  I need a day off.  A day off from real life.  It's been kicking my ass for a week or so now.

Good bye, Mom.  Lots of folks miss you.  And thank you for making it as easy as it has been.  It could have been a lot worse.  You never asked for too much.  But we've done the best we could for you, even when your original plan didn't work out.  So this week could have been a lot worse.  You were the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment