Sunday, August 25, 2013

Linda Ronstadt, Loved, Hated, Will Be Missed

When I as a kid, I was in love with Linda Ronstadt.  She was not only the best singer, she was so beautiful.  I thought she was awesome.

The best experience I think I ever had at a concert was seeing her at the Huntsman Center at the, "U" with my friend, Kelly Richards (who really wish I had KEPT DATING another blog there) and she just blew us away. The voice was amazing.

Kind of lost touch with Linda for many years, but a few years ago, I saw she was doing a show out in Wendover!  I thought that would be awesome.  So see one of my childhood, "hero's" as it were, up close and personal.  And with Deb not being able to see very well, I would buy really good seats, and SHE could see an icon from our youth up close.

I paid $150 a ticket for fourth row center (as close as I could get).  Over $150 for a room on a Saturday night, plus the cost to drive out there and dinner.

And the show sucked.

She came out, and did a an hour of shit from the 80's while sitting in a chair, with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra.  No, Silver Threads And Golden Needles.  No Blue Bayou.  Total shit show.  And in an hour, she walked off without even an anchor.

Pissed me off.  I spent about $500 to see this person I loved and admired as a kid, and she gave me crap!

I'm not happy she's sick.  But I'm sure disappointed that she didn't do a better job for her fans when she COULD have.


No comments:

Post a Comment