Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Never Thought I'd SAY This, But...

I might want a SMALLER car!

I know, you all that know me are calling bullshit. But I shit you not.

I thought the next stop for Debra Jo and I would be an Audi A8.  Not a NEW one.  That's foolish!  They want $110K for one of those?  I can get one a year old for about what I would pay for a new A6.  With lots more trunk space.  And a V8, or V10.

But today, I dropped off the A6 for some minor repairs at the dealer.  Only because it required THEIR computer to figure it out.  And they gave me a really, sweet loaner.  Q5 2.0, black on black.

Drives great, has lots of room.  So I did some research.

I could buy a six cylinder model of THIS car, with a TDI!  That gets 31 MPG on the highway.  Has 340 BHP and all the bells and whistles, for about $20K LESS than I paid for my A6.  In 2006!  And I don't feel like I would be losing ANYTHING in either luxury or performance!

I really thought my SUV days were over.  Since it became VERY obvious, that taking a blind woman out in the woods, or the desert to tent camp when she would have to make her own way to the outhouse, if there WAS one, was just a bad idea.

But I could be comfortable in THIS car.

No, it's not A8 luxurious.  It doesn't feel like a limo.  But the truth be known?  I don't NEED a limo?  It's just Deb and I.  Danny will be off in college next year, and Meagan, the Autistic is 25 years old and does not like to travel, so I'm not going to make her.  She's grown up now, and can make her own decisions.

So, Strong Audi might have just undersold a good customer, by giving me a car I could love when it's not the one I thought I loved?  Sounds like a country song.

My A6 is far from done.  But I'm starting to heavily covet a Q5.  And all our bills are paid.  Maybe, Danny would LIKE the A6, we could sell the Focus, and he could....

OH STOP IT!  I have to quit thinking like this.

Even when it's half the price of what I was GOING to buy?  I don't need to buy it yet.

I think I'll pick up my A6 tomorrow, and enjoy the ride home

No comments:

Post a Comment