Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hypocrisy: Stage LEFT!




I stick by my assertion that I will call it like I see it. Good bad or indifferent. Right or Left wing stupidity, I'm all over it. So I'd like to share the picture above with you.
This is the content of an envelop received the other day from the, Sierra Club. Described in their own literature as, "the most effective environmental organization in the country- over 1.4 million strong! With your help, we can successfully preserve our Nation's precious environment."

In light of what they sent me, I don't know if I should send them a check or plant a freakin' TREE! No less than 12 pieces of paper came in that envelope. The map is turned over so you can't see it, but it's basically a HIGHWAY map!

Take a HIKE? Are you kidding me!

And this is not the FIRST time I've been the recipient of such from this conservation organization. This is the THIRD time in a year, I have received the EXACT SAME MAILING!

And it gets better. Well better if you're, Jon Stewart. Much worse if you really are the kind of tree hugger they are trying to get to support them.

It included a picture, suitable for framing I guess, if I had a really narrow 7 1/2 inch high frame. And thought any of my friends were dumb enough to believe this was an original PRINT. It was Teddy Roosevelt standing next to John Muir. If we Liberals are supposed to be the smart ones, how does an organization who relies on us for it's funding figure we're dumb enough to fall for this?

I was in all kinds of trailers in West Valley City over the years with pictures on the wall framed, and showing an autograph, of Ronald Reagan. I just expected it out there. But I didn't believe it. I'm sure the folks who put them up THOUGHT I would. After all, they live in a trailer and voted for Ronald Reagan! Not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Next is a lovely sticker for inside my car window of a backpacker with, "SIERRA CLUB" on the bottom. Can't even imagine the amount of energy and oil products that go into the production of this. But I think I'll put it RIGHT in the middle of the back widow of the Camaro. So that while I'm blasting down the freeway at 100 miles an hour through Nevada, pushing 406 Break Horse Power and getting 8 miles to the gallon, you will know as I blow past you, that I support conservation.

If I join today, I get an official Sierra Club 1892 Rucksack. I assumed shipped to me in a cardboard box? And they make sure I know it comes with a cell phone pouch. This ad goes even further to make me feel better. It says it's printed on Recyclable paper, and uses soy-based ink.

The Camaro runs on, "Oxygen based combustion". Just a fact. Look it up. No oxygen, no combustion.

Next is a petition to Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack. Asking for my signature to help prevent logging in the Giant Sequoia National Monument. Sounds like a great idea. But if you conservationists are going to keep sending me a pound of paper three times a year, we might need it to print books about people who lose sight of their goal in life, while trying to raise money to support it.

And last but not least, the Business Reply Mail envelope in which they hope I will send my contribution, makes one last, totally inappropriate, and penny pinching plea close to the, "No Postage Necessary If Mailed In The United States" printing on the upper right hand corner. "Your first-class stamp will save much needed funds."

I kind of wish this envelope had come to, Lewis Black instead of me. I would have loved to hear what he'd have done with it. It would have been a thing of beauty.

I always thought I was a tree hugger of the highest order. But I guess I'm just falling a little short. I mean, I'd rather actually save trees than send out a bunch of paper asking people to save trees! What is WRONG with me?

While we're at it? The Southern Poverty Law Center? Stop it. Just stop it. I support your work, you do the right thing. But I only have so much money and to keep offering me, again at least three times a year, a special certificate honoring me as someone who fights racism? Hell, I spent 20+ years actually FIGHTING RACISM BY GETTING INTO FIGHTS WITH RACIST'S!

While a Probation/Parole Agent in Utah for more than 20 years, I locked up more Skin Heads than all the jails in Idaho on a Klan Rally Weekend!

So I guess the bottom line is this. If I support your cause, I will give you money. Money for your magazine. Money for your cause. I like my ACLU card every year. I keep in my wallet right next to my Concealed Carry Permit. Which is SOMETIMES close to wear I'm wearing my concealed handgun.

I'll support causes with one time checks. I'll support Democrats with checks every year.

But please, stop wasting resources, paper, postage and most of all space in my mailbox with your repeated requests for my money! Does no one at the Sierra Club know about email? And when they do figure it out? If you don't have my email address, it's because I don't WANT you too! Take a hint.

I think I'm going to start labeling all the Liberal requests for money, "return to sender" and just leave them in the mailbox.

But the ones I get from Mitt Romney and the Republicans that I get just because they assume since I live in Utah, I'm a Mormon and a conservative since they haven't done their homework? I take the Business Reply Envelop out, and mail it back to them empty. That way they have to pay the postage. Makes me feel better.


Hope the Sierra Club feels good about the fact that I always recycle their shit. Every time I get it. Every, single, stinking, time, I get, the, same, stinking pile of paper. It gets recycled.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I visit your blogs and read your content. Your content and blog both are very nice. Soy Ink Printer

    ReplyDelete