Thursday, June 16, 2011

Monetized Mormons

When you monetize your blog, they tell you they will pay you based on the clicks on the ads they put on your blog. They also tell you they will not pay you for any clicks from your own computer, so don't do it. Even if you're interested in the product they are selling.

I've been a good boy, I've not clicked on any of them. I also, have not received any checks, so that answers my question about whether or not monetizing it would be worth it or not. It's not.

But this week, a strange thing has happened. All the ads on my blog are the, "I'm A Mormon" ads!

Someone is NOT paying attention if they are posting THOSE, HERE. Just sayin...

I make no bones about my utter and complete contempt for the right wing, Republican power structure here in this state, and lets face it. Those guys are all Mormons. Even Conservative Catholics in THIS state vote for Democrats, because the R's are just TOO right wing. And the Catholics like to have a drink once in a while. Like at Communion.

And I don't do a, "Hell" of a lot to hide the fact that I'm an Atheist. So who's doing this ad agency's research? Obviously someone not smart enough to get past, "Utah web site = Mormon".

No one thinks New York City marketing should be targeted only at Gays, Jews, and Puerto Ricans do they? Because if they do, they have never been there. Like they have never been to Utah.

I don't think I'm going to, "UN-monetize" the web site, though. I don't think I'll ever make a dime on it, either. Never thought I would. But it's become a constant source of amusement, to see who Google THINKS is looking at it.

I don't have a lot of followers. But there have been months when literally thousands of folks have looked at it ( I don't check the, "stats" part of the Dashboard often, because I don't care. But I have looked at it. And around last Christmas, lots of folks, "tuned in").

So, if you read this for any reason, and you want to screw with the advertisers who THINK it's a good idea to advertise HERE? Click on all the ads. And click on them a lot.

And I promise you, that any check I get, whether it's for fifty cents, or fifty bucks, I'll give all the money to the Utah Food Bank. After all, I have my own money. I don't need it.

Now, if this check comes to more than a hundred thousand dollars? I'm going to keep some. Just for being so clever. After all, I have to pay for my own health insurance now (thanks again, Republican Legislators who voted mine away, but kept yours).

The chances of THAT happening are about as good as the Legislature NOT Gerrymandering the shit out of Salt Lake County.

No comments:

Post a Comment