Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cleaning the basement.

I had NO idea how many, empty box's I had in my basement until I started to clean it out today! Ton's! Way too many to break down and toss in my recycle bin at the end to the week. I want to be, "green" and recycle, but I am so, "Underwater" on old paper and cardboard that I have to load the old pick up truck this week, and take all this shit to the landfill, or I'll never get over it!

It's not my fault. I blame it on, "The Blind Lady" I live with. She always thinks a box that arrived, will at some point, be shipped out. All I save is albums, and, Playboy Magazines.

Since 1984. I never go back and LOOK at them, I just can't bring myself to toss them in the trash. It would just be wrong. And besides, some of them are worth money. I have three BIG boxes of them, and I'm saving them, but I promised I'd find a web sight and find out which one's were really worth something, like the last one with staples, and the first one without, and, Madonna, and recycle the rest of them. And I will do that this summer.

Probably the week I have to have knee surgery. It will give me something to do.

But we have some stuff down here that is just crazy! And, Deb doesn't want to give it up. Her books from, BYU thirty years ago? Hell, they were WRONG and full of bullshit THEN! Why would you save them now? Grandma's baby quilt? Ok. But put in a box, not in a trunk that's three feet long!

I live with a, "Hoarder". I should have noticed when we met, and she lived alone in a two bedroom apartment, and the other bedroom was full of shit she wouldn't get rid of. My bad.

So I'll keep cleaning. And I'm giving away all my old, hockey equipment except my skates, and my gloves, which my wife gave to me for Christmas one year. And at the time, about 20 years ago, they cost $150. So that was a great thing for her to do for me. I want to remember that. Even if I never play hockey again.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that! I think I'm a little bit of a hoarder myself, but my husband always throws out useful stuff! Good luck with your knee surgery. I take care of lots of knee patients. :-)

    ReplyDelete