Tuesday, May 18, 2010

political survey

Tonight, while watching the hockey game, the phone rang. The land line, phone. The one that only, Deb's mom, and telemarketers use. As I was getting up anyway, I answered it. And it was a political survey! Yeah! I'm the guy who's going to slant the thing SO Liberal, so I can't wait to answer the questions.

Yeah, I'm a Liberal, yeah, I'm voting against, Matheson, yeah, I'm a Democrat, yada, yada, yada...

For like TEN MINUTES! Then at the end, the usual ending questions: Age, education level, religion.

51, BS, and none. "Do you have a religious preference?" She says.

I tell her, "I'm an atheist. So no, I don't."

"How often do you attend church?"

"No, you didn't hear me. I'm an, atheist. I have NO religion. I don't go to church. Of any kind."

"OK, I'll put, "other"."

"No, you won't! It's not, "other". It's NONE! I don't believe in ANY religion!"

Why is it that with more than 15% of all Americans claiming to be atheists, this is not a choice in a survey? Hell, only 1% claim to be Jews! Only 1% claim to be Mormons! I bet those were choices. Especially in a political survey taken in UTAH!

So a group of people that are 15 times more relevant to politics in the United States than Mormon's, don't even get a, "box" on this survey? That's silly.

OK, religious folks, lets talk. You tend to see everything in relation to YOUR world view. EVERYONE has some sort of religion. Christian, Muslim, Catholic, Jew, Holly Roller, whatever. You HAVE to have one! Here's a little news flash for you. NO, YOU DON'T! I, and a bunch of other, Real Americans, don't believe the bullshit that is religion. We have NONE. We don't buy it! We like science over your, "faith".

And this doesn't mean we want to convert you to our way of thinking. We just want you to quit passing laws that try to make us LIVE by your, silly, religious rules because you think your, "Imaginary Friend In The Sky" wants you to! Cut it out!

I won't pass laws making you shop on Sunday, if you won't pass any that keep me from shopping on Sunday. OK? Sunday is just another day to me. It's not, "special" for any reason.

Keep your religion to yourself. Live your life how you want to. Believe in, God and act accordingly. Good for you. Just quit trying to pass laws that make me behave like you.

The Constitution was NOT divinely inspired, or written. But it is the best way to run a country that's ever been done. Because it protects the minority from the tyranny of the majority. Do you really want the country run by those nut balls with tea bags on their hats?

Well, if you live in Utah, you probably do. But there are a lot more Liberals here then you imagine. And at some point, we will drag you knuckle dragger's into this century.

No comments:

Post a Comment