Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cold!

The national news is reporting that the everyone from Colorado to New York is getting clobbered by a nasty storm. True story.

But where is the circling Cold Front, driving it across America? Right over my freaking house! It' was 22 degrees IN my garage today, with a wind out of the NORTH EAST! That NEVER happens! We get our COLD winds from the North WEST. We get our hot, summer fire causing, and fall leaf blowing wind from the south. Everyone in the neighborhood's freaking leaves into MY yard, in the fall.

Right now? Not so much!

Right now, it's 4 degrees, according to, The Weather Channel, at 12:57 am. When I drive the boys to school tomorrow, it's going to be 4 degrees. Could get up to 8 tomorrow morning.

By, "The Boys" I mean, Danny and his buddy, Jaden and Jaden's little brother, Brighton.

In all the years I went to school, I only remember it being below zero one time. Seventh grade, left the house at minus 5. But living at Three Fountains (and I'm holding up FOUR fingers when I say this. Those who know, know. Those who don't, I'll explain it later), I never walked more than two blocks for a bus.

Global Climate Change. It's real. And we caused it. Live with it. Now? What are we going to do about it? I'd be happy to buy a windmill. Anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. We had -20 with the wind chill the other day (or somewhere around there). I know it was at least that cold, because school was canceled for my kids and that's the temp it has to be for school to cancel. Maybe you can get a group rate on windmills. ;-)

    ReplyDelete