Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Utah Senate Majority Leader, Scott Jenkins, (R)atbastard-Plain City On How Much He loves Our Troops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3BlZbsJ5ycc

If you can't open the above link? At least on my new lap top,  just click on it, and a little box will appear under it, and it will get you there.  But you need to find it.

State Senator Luz Robles, (D)ecency-SLC introduced a bill today to let members of the Utah National Guard be exempt from paying their property taxes in any year they had been deployed overseas for 200 days or more.  Jenkins lost his shit.

In the clip you will hear him say, "These Guardsmans (sic) get lots, and lots, and lots of advantages!"

He also at an earlier point says, "We buy their clothes and let them shop at the PX".  Small compensation for getting killed in an overseas war, but hey, it his tiny, mind, it's an advantage all the same.

At one point, he says, "I served 7 years in the National Guard.  And I realize it's not the same now, but they get tuition credit.  I never got tuition (obviously, you only got an associates degree at Weber College according to your resume on the Senate web site).

Yeah, Jenkins?  You don't tell us when you served in the National Guard, but judging from your age?  I'm guessing that it was LONG before the Bush Administration was throwing them into a an overseas, "shooting war".  When you though that if the, Evil Empire actually invaded, Weber County, you might have to take up arms.  I'm not going to negate your willingness to serve your country.   Good for you.  But, "realizing it's different now" just doesn't even get what YOU did into the same ballpark.

I'm pretty sure that short of a couple of weekends of bad food and sleeping in tents at Camp Williams every summer (My friends and I used to call that sort of thing, "a camping trip" but admittedly, we didn't have to eat Army food) you're most dangerous duty was filling sandbags on the Weber River.

If you can document that I'm wrong and you really did put yourself at risk to serve our country in a shooting war?  I'll take back everything I just said in the above paragraph and publicly thank you for your service.

If you can't?  You're just a prick.

And after all the, "advantages" these guys get, like free clothing, and PX privileges, and tuition credit, you left a LOT of them out.  Like travel to exotic lands!  You get to see the world.  All the bullets you can shoot.  Free ammo! And last but not least, if they get killed on one of these little, "jaunts"?  The United States Military will fly their body home free of charge.  So their family can PAY to bury them where ever they can afford too, now that they have no income.

I thought that if you died serving your country, the Military would at least bury you.  But according to my wife, who has a brother and a brother in law who are retired Military?  I'm wrong.  I'll defer to her experience, and better judgement.  Again, if I'm wrong?  I'll add THAT to my apology to the Senator.

And last but not least, I have to sight your attitude right before you threw down your microphone, in disgust, at Senator Robles.  Typical, Teabagger, right wing, Republican.  You actually said, "I don't even want to pay MY taxes, let alone THEIRS!"

And there in lies the rub, doesn't it?  Republicans don't want to pay taxes, no matter what the reason.  Democrats know that by paying taxes, we buy Society.

A civil society.  Something that plumber, and Senate MAJORITY LEADER, Scott Jenkins, knows NOTHING about.

No comments:

Post a Comment