Friday, February 3, 2012

Your Tax Dollars At Work. At Work.

Today must have been a pay day Friday for Public Employees.  I've lost count after six years.  I only get one check a month now.  And usually, I wait for a quiet, slow day like a Monday or Tuesday afternoon to do my on line banking.  I don't know what got into me today.

About ten o'clock this morning I tried to get into the Mountain America Credit Union web site to pay a couple bills and get a balance on the Visa Card so I could pay THAT off.  I like to do that the first week of every month.

I tried to get in for an hour and a half, with no luck.  I know my connection was working, I was listening to satellite radio on line.  But the public employees Credit Union was just TOO busy!

When I was working, if you got caught doing that stuff at work, you could get fired.  I guess it's OK now?  Or at the least, no one cares?

I asked my favorite clerk at the CU if they were having problems, and she said, "Not that I know if.  But it's always slow on Friday."  The day public employees get paid.  Hummm.  Wonder why?

And while we're at it.  How come there always twice as many public employees in the chat room during the day as there are at night?    It's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment