Thursday, June 28, 2012

Big Day For The, "D's"

This is the first step to returning this country to that status of the greatest country in the world.  Cause we aren't there anymore.

Everyone having access to health care could drop our infant mortallity rate.  Raise our life expectency.  And keep a lot of good people from going bankrupt becasue they had the misfortune to get sick.

And we might, with everyone having healthcare, be able to figure out what disease all the folks who will never be rich, and don't HAVE healthcare, or a job, have that keeps them voting for Republicans.  That's the disease that has most ruined our country.

And then in the afternoon?  Congress voted to hold the Black Attorney General in Contempt Of Congress for some bullshit, trumped up lies about what information he won't release to them.  That's a big deal.  Because you know what happens now, don't you?

Not a fucking thing.  Nothing.  Zip, nada, nothing.  Someone from the Justice Department, headed by said Attorney General is going to be asked to see if there is enough evidence to file a criminal charge.  Republicans, how do you think that's going to go for you?

Yeah, WE can be just as partisan as you when it gets this silly.

You don't think this bullshit was funded, started and stoked up the National Rifle Association?  If so, you're not paying attention.  This is a pretty shitty attempt to make you knuckle draggers believe this was some crazy conspiracy by the Obama administration to say, "Guns are bad, MMkay.  Gotta ban assault rifles, MMkay."

Because you got nothing on the Obama administration when it comes to gun laws.  You only WISH you did, so you're now making shit up.

The only gun laws Obama has signed allow you to take a gun onto an Amtrack Train, and into a National Park.  He sure seem like an anti gun guy to me.

If I was on your team, I'd be saying, "Hey!  He's a Balck guy from the south side of Chicago.  He's probably, "Packin" right now!  You know how THOSE people are!"

The, "Fast And Furious" program was a dumb idea of epic porportions.  It was absolutly stupid.  A totally bad idea.  And it was started under, "W".  And by the time this obscure, based in ONE field office out west, program came to light?  The current Attorney General shut it down.

And after that, he's released over 7000 documents to idiot boy, Darrell Issa, while witholding only the paper work that is relevent to ongoing cases.  But that's contempt of Congress?  I have nothing but contempt FOR Congress.

And while we're talking about Congress.  Jim Matheson is an asshole.

I'm sure that somewhere in the past, in a galaxey far, far away, when his father was still alive, he wanted to run for public office because he thought he could really help Utah.  But those days are long gone.

Instead of being the opposition voice to Utah's lock step, Mormon, Republican bullshit in Washington, he has now become more interested in being reelected than doing the right thing.

He made history today, by crossing party lines to vote not for something really important.  Something that he truely believed was the right thing to do.  But to appease the NRA members in Utah who believe the bullshit conspirecy theory guys who are pushing for Holder's censure.

I spent the afternoon switching back and forth between MSNBC and CNN to get all the news about what went on today.  Then went out on the patio with the radio to listen to NPR, on KUER and get the REAL story, devoid of a slant.  This was after Matheson had voted with the, R's.

Just as I sat down, I got a phone call from some guy who said, "Jeff, I'm, Pete (Phil, Larry, Jim Bob, I don't remember and it's not important) from Utah Democrats.  And I'm trying to line up volunteers for Congressman Jim Matheson's reelection campaign..."

I cut him off.  "After this afternoon?  I'm done with Jim Matheson.  Don't call me again" and hung up.

It felt pretty good.

Mia Love is in WAY over her head.  She reminds me of Sara Palin.  She's the one term Mayor or a one horse, Mormon, "bunker" of a town in Utah County.  She's not ready to perform on a National stage, just like Palin.

And just like Palin?  The, Republicans just can't wait to show her off at their convention this summer, and shower her with money.

"Look, look!  We got us a NEGRO!  And she's a WOMAN, too!  See, we welcome everyone!"  I can hear it now.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that at some point in that convention, she's on stage with Marco Rubio, and Mitt Romney.  Mark my words.

I really wish I could vote for her.  I think it would look good for Utah to elect a Black woman to Congress.  But she's a right wing, teabagger, religious nutball.  So I can't do it.

I also wish that Matheson would just go ahead and run as a Republican.  He is one in everything but name.  He thinks he's a Democrat, but he's doing everything he can to distance himself from the party.  Hell, he won't even go to the convention!  What a prick.

If he would have changed party before the conventions in the spring, he would have been on the ballot as an, "R".  And I would have gotten the chance to cast my vote for a REAL Democrat.

I won't for him.  Or Love.  I'll write in Phil Markham.  Or my neighbor, Ryan.  Or my dog.  I won't vote for a guy who doesn't represent me, while lying about being the alternative voice in Utah.

All that being said?  Today is the day, Barack Obama got reelected.  Mitt Romney can't argue against, Obamacare when it was his idea first.  So he's got nothing.  And if the Congress and the Senate don't come around?  The Republican's are going to get clobbered in those races too.

What a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment