Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WTF? Cops Supporting The NRA? Really?

Under, "Sponsored" on the right side of my Facebook screen, I just read, "Meth Cops Utah Supports The National Rifle Association."  Really?  WTF?

Who's running, Meth Cops Utah?  Cause who ever it is, has spent WAY too much time in a meth lab.  Breathing heavily.

You people don't have a memory that goes back to January?  You don't remember the shoot out in Ogden where a bunch of macho Cops who could have handled this a MILLION other ways, got six Cops wounded and one killed, trying to take a couple of pot plants away from a guy who worked at Walmart and was an Army vet who served his country?

You don't remember that he bought his gun legally and all the magazines and ammo that are not limited because of pressure from the NRA on Congress?

You don't remember the battle we had AGAINST the NRA in the 1990's when they wanted the average citizen to be able to buy, "Cop Killer" bullets that would penetrate our vests?

Do you still think that since Mitt Romney said it at the NRA convention in St. Louis a few months ago, that Obama is, "coming for your guns"?  Even though the only legislation the President has signed that has anything to do with guns gives you the privilege to take one on an Amtrack Train or into a National Park?

Meth Cops Utah, I have to ask, since I AM a retired Utah Meth Cop.  What are you thinking?

These people want the bandits to be as well, or better armed than YOU!  And you support them?

Look, last year, I found out I had bladder cancer.  I went through two of the most awful surgery's you could imagine.  And the one and two causes of bladder cancer are smoking, which I did for about 25 years.  And, "exposure to chemicals at work."

I pretty much spent the 1990's standing around in a meth lab.  I bet between about 1992 and 1998, I found one a month.

And you know how the folks who use meth are.  They are a LOT more violent than a guy with a few pot plants in his basement, who you could have arrested at his work one night, and brought back to his house to execute the search warrant, had you not been so anxious to be such macho jerks, and kick in the door.

I mean, if you want violent, paranoid, drug addled people to have access to guns, no matter what their background, like the NRA does?  Be my guest.  I'm retired.  I don't have to do what you do anymore.  But if you want some advice from someone who's been there?  Supporting the NRA, is not in your best interest.  They are not on law enforcements team.

Look, I love my guns.  I love to shoot.  I bought 1000 rounds of handgun ammo last year from a friend who has an, "in" at gun shows.  I've actually bought several guns since I retired.  Guns I don't even need, I just wanted.

My wife, also a retired Cop has no desire to shoot anymore.  She's losing her sight, so it's not easy for her, and she never liked guns that much to begin with.  My Autistic daughter doesn't like them.

But I take my son.  And his friends.  I teach them about guns.  The history of our country is not completed if you don't teach about the guns used to gain our freedom.  I bought a model 1911 .45 last year.  Not because I needed it.  But because I wanted my son to know about it's history.  It was our military's side arm from 1911 to 1983.

And when they come home.  They learn to take them apart and clean them!  It's all part of the deal.

And I believe anyone in this country who is not mentally ill, drug addled, a Felon or being charged with Domestic Violence, should be able to own a gun.  I'm pro gun.  I'm anti stupid.

Can anyone give me a good reason, a justifiable reason, that the average citizen should be able to own a military assault rifle?  Other than, "It's fun to shoot them" is there anything you would need to do with that gun that you can't do with a Ruger Mini 14 when it comes to shooting Coyotes?

And if you can't shoot that Coyote with five rounds?  You're just a lousy shot.  But if you have a 30 round magazine?  You could do some serious damage at the local high school after the homecoming dance didn't go your way.

I plead with my fellow brothers and sisters behind the badge to rethink your opinion of the NRA.  They are NOT on our side.


These people are ginning up support for unlimited ownership of guns, under the guise of protecting yourself from a, "Tyrannical Government", and it's just not true.

If the Government was going to get tyrannical on you?  You're rifle won't protect you from their tank.

You protect yourself from a tyrannical government, not at the ramparts of your back yard, with your AR15, but at the ballot box.  And if you're paying attention to who is taking away your retirement benefits, pensions, Union privileges, and health care?  You're voting for Democrats.

If you vote thinking it's about guns and abortion?  You're not paying attention.  Read a newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment