Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9-11 Videos. Religion Is Evil. All Of Them.

There have been a lot of videos posted on Face Book of the 9-11-01 attacks on New York City this last week.  And I've watched a few.  The one I saw about the boat lift off the island that morning was very moving.  I'd never seen that story before.  Had no idea.

But having visited Manhattan in 2008 (I had never been there before) I was struck by the views of the lower end, where the towers were.  And how much I kept remembering the phrase, "Concrete Canyon" that has been used to describe cities for ages.  It's really true.

You can't see whats in the next block.  Could be a Cathedral, could be a stripper bar.  There is no real continuity.  Well there IS in that everything goes UP instead of OUT like a mall around here, but you don't know what's on the other side of the row of buildings you're looking at until you walk over there.

Around the block.  A LONG way around the block.

So I was wondering why there is such a big bru-ha-ha over some Muslim's building a Mosque a block or two from the former site of the world trade center?  You can't see it from there.  It's not like these religious people, wanted to purposely give NYC the finger and build it across the street from the hole in the ground that is now a memorial.

And why all the Muslim hate?  It's not the entire Muslim world who attacked us.  It was a group of extremists, who think that anyone who doesn't live like THEY think, THEIR God wants us to live are infidels and should be killed.

I've lived in Salt Lake City most of my life.  I don't know a lot of Muslims.  But, I don't know a lot of Jews either.  I know a lot of folks who claim to be Christians.  And they claim they are a religion of peace, too.

But, Timothy McVeigh claimed to be a Christian.  So did David Koresch.  So do all the folks who shoot abortion doctors and want to keep women from making their OWN health decisions because THEIR God doesn't want them to live like that.  As did the Atlanta, Olympic bomber.  So do all the Priests that abused young boys, claim to be Christians, and that's done a lot of damage to peoples lives.

But when the current President shows up to make a speech, the, Teabaggers all show up wearing guns.  Like they are afraid someone named Obama is going to take away their rights.

You don't see that group, armed, outside of the Republican debates.  And THOSE folks in the debates are beating each other up to prove how, Christian they are!

The tenth anniversary of 9-11 just got me thinking, there are not a lot of Muslim's in this country and folks who claim to be of THAT religion attacked us once.

We've seen numerous terrorist attacks in this country by, Christians.  No one is trying to stamp them out.

Hypocrisy, they name is,  Teabagger.

So is the problem Liberalism?  Is it well educated people who believe in science who attack our country and shoot doctors in their churches?

Or is it religion?  Any and all religion, that inspires people to do very, unchristian things to each other in the name of it?  Like Crucifixion, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the, "Troubles" in Northern Ireland, the 9-11 attack, the shooting of doctors, the list is endless.

My money's on religion as the cause of all problems.

But not all Christians are bad.  Just a small minority, or radical ones who will kill you if you don't believe EXACTLY like they do.  I mean, I don't think ALL Baptists are going to shoot a doctor.  I don't think ALL Christians will blow up a Federal Building with a day care center in it.  But it could happen.

We should start tapping the phones of anyone with a mini-van, a crew cut and a polyester suit, who doesn't drink and buys too much ammunition.  Oh, wait, that would put Mormons on the, "Watch List" too!

No one here in this state will get the irony.  I know, I'm wasting my time.  But I gotta put it out there.  Even if they don't get the joke.  I can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment