Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bill Maher Is Smarter Than Me.

This afternoon, I watched Friday night's, "Real Time With Bill Maher".  I DVR'D it on Friday night because I was watching college football.  And he summed up the argument I've been trying to make for years now, in a way I never could.

I have to paraphrase, because I didn't write the quote down, so it's not word for word.  But I think I got the gist of it.

He said that trying to get Republicans to believe science was like trying to give your dog a pill.  You have to wrap in a bunch of baloney, shove it down his throat and stroke his neck and the chances are he's still going to spit it out on the linoleum.

That about sums it up.  If you don't believe in climate change, you're not paying attention.  If you think it's a Liberal plot, you are a clueless idiot.  If you think the deficit is Obama's fault, you forgot about the two, unfunded wars Bush started and refused to pay for.  If you think the economy is failing because of THIS President, you don't read books.

I hate to have to give my dog pills.  But I love to shove truth down the throat of Republicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment