Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The War ON Christmas? Or The War FOR Christmas?

Right wing nut balls, and pundits like the fine, Christian folks at Faux News have spent years telling us that the, "Liberal Media" has been waging a war on Christmas.  Even going to far as to tell  people that it's OK to say, "Happy Holidays" to folks if you want then to have a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, New Years Day!  Heathens!

Let alone if you thought your friends might be Jewish?  After all, we support Israel.  Just not THEIR winter Holiday.

Hypocrites.

But after enduring a whole month now, of dealing with, "Christmas" music/commercials/advertisements, that started before Halloween?  Who's waging war on, Christmas?  I would have to ask, why is, "The main stream media" waging war on Halloween/Thanksgiving before advertising, CHRISTMAS!

I'm just asking?

No one is trying to OUTLAW, Christmas!  Hell, if anything, it's come about a day earlier every year since I was a kid.  Now?  It's out of control.  In a few years?  you will be trading your unused fireworks for Christmas gift cards in JULY!

There is no war on Christmas!  There is nothing but a horrible, horrible expansion of, what used to be known as, "The Holiday Season".  Which used to start at Thanksgiving!

And it went from being my favorite times of the year, to the time I dread the most.  No NEW programs on TV.  Only holiday bullshit music on the radio.

Oh, the horror.

And my birthday is December 25.  THAT has sucked for going on 54 years.  Now?  Not so much. When I was a kid?  A LOT!

I share it with Jimmy Buffett.  I'd love to sit down and talk to him about it one day.

Some people would say with TWO prophets.  I would not.  I've SEEN, Jimmy Buffett. The other guy?  Nope.

So, Conservatives?  There is NO war on Christmas, except on Faux News.  Even Atheists like me?  We get sick of it, especially when it starts so early.  But we don't want to ban your annual, spending, bacchanal.  knock yourself out! 

Some of us just wish we didn't have to deal with it all the time, and that we could watch some new, "Daily Shows".  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment