Monday, December 24, 2012

One Thing After Another

I went to visit my mom this morning.  Three weeks after her first, and by her own decision, ONLY chemotherapy treatment?  She's losing her hair.  How does that happen?

My bedroom smells bad.  In the fall, when it started to get cold, the kids said they saw a mouse in the basement.  No problem, not the first time.  We set traps and put out new poison.  After a few days, they said they didn't see the mouse any more.  None of the traps were sprung.  So I guess the poison worked and he went outside to die.

Not so fast.  The heating vent on my wife's side of the bedroom is NOT connected to the one on MY side of the bedroom.  And it stinks.  And you can't reach down into it far enough to clean it out.  I think we've found that mouse.  And I need to call the HVAC folks in the morning and hope they can come to check it out.

I stuffed HER heating vent with dryer sheets to stop the smell, but it's not doing that well.

A week ago, our high tech washer, that is only four years old, took a dump.  And despite the best efforts of Doyle's Appliance Repair, who would NOT take any money from us, and made at least eight trips here to try and fix it, was not repairable.  So I spent $1000 for a new washer, which I had not planed for, right before Christmas.

Then, the other night, my son backs his, "new car" which is his Grandmothers car, that he's taking care of until she can drive again (LOL!  Like THAT'S ever going to happen...) up next to the garage and leaves the wheels turned.  So I go out to take some stuff to the recycle bin, and I notice that even though the car only has 15K miles on it, the tires are showing wear bars!

I know they put shit tires on cars for original equipment, but only 15K miles and they are JUNK?  Really, Ford?  Wow.

So I come inside and order four new tires from costco.com, that will be delivered to the Costco here in Murray.  $350.

Man, when it rains it pours around here.

The Audi is due for a 75K service, which I have scheduled for next week.  This is a big one.  Probably cost me about $500, or more.  But you don't buy an Audi and IGNORE the service.  It's a luxury car.  You want to keep it one?  You have to pay the price.  Last month I put the fourth set of tires on it.  $750.

Pro rated, cause the last ones didn't last 43K miles, only 33K miles.  Saved me about $400 dollars.  Thank you, Costco Tire Center.

Tonight, while I was downstairs looking at the vent work to figure out where that damn mouse was.  I thought that I hadn't opened the gun safe in a year or more.  And I might check on it.  After all, my son assures me that there is a zombie apocalypse coming at any time.  And we will need those guns.  One of his friends the other day said when that happens, he's bringing HIS family over here, cause I have a gun safe full of guns.

Well, it's a good thing I did.  The battery was dead.  And it wouldn't open.  So I put a new one in.  Those zombies got some SHIT coming now!

Man, if we have any more shit to deal with between here and the end of the year?  I'm going to have my head explode.  Who has a dead mouse in their duct work?  How does that happen?  Shit.

I'm really looking forward to  2013.  It's GOT to better than THIS year.

No comments:

Post a Comment