Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Health Care, sort of...

I'll go along with, Klugman on this. We had to hold our nose, and vote for it. He's a lot smarter than me. So, it PASSED! It's good. But it's not ALL good. I still need a public option. As does my daughter, and my wife. But it's a start.

Reconciliation, with the majority being smart (meaning, Democrats) could be the answer. I hope so. We have the votes to override the ignorant, rich, self serving, working people hating, "R's". So this COULD happen.

If everything works out right? We might, actually have, a Public Option/Single Payer Health Plan in THIS country, in OUR life time! Like they do in the REST of the civilized world!

WHOO-HOO!

Too much to ask for? I think not. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and, Civil Rights were all passed while we were alive (I'm talking to you, "MHS 77" folks). So it's NOT too much to ask for! It works in France, and, Canada, and, Mexico, and, England, and, Mexico, and, Cuba and I've been to ALL of those countries, and SEEN it work.

Trust me, we need it here. This is a good start. But not an end.

1 comment:

  1. Hit me with your best shot, Conservitives? You, "Got Nothin'"!

    ReplyDelete