Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Have Become Someone I Hate.

I have a .45 ACP pistol on my dinning room table right now, next to my computer.  And I HATE being, "That" guy.

Springville the other day.  Shootings on the Parkway next to the house over the last few years.  Those things have turned me into the Paranoid I never wanted to be.  I don't WANT to feel like I have to carry a gun with me all the time.  Since I left law enforcement, and was NOT required to be on duty 24/7/365 I quit carrying a gun all the time.

I only carry one when my son plays soccer in West Valley, Magna or Ogden.  I don't expect to NEED one in Murray.

But lately?

Springville, a guy broke into to a family's house the other night and threatened the home owners if they didn't get him some money from their ATM after making himself a ham sandwich in their kitchen.

Kearns, last year.  A neighbors kid breaks in and gets shot.

Countless home invasion robberies in this state in the last few years.

Now, admittedly, Murray is FAR AND AWAY much smarter and safer than Springville or Kearns.  Or the West side of SLC, around Arapaho, and 8th West.  Or ANY street west of 9th West, and south of 8th south.  Just sayin...

But still.  Being this close to the Parkway?  We have to worry.  At least a little.

And I have a message for bandits who think they can come over here.  Don't do it.  We will shoot you.

And with that said?  I have become an NRA member, even though I would NEVER, ever, join that crazy ass, organization.

I'm thinking like the guys I hate.  They are not always wrong.  But they are wrong when they support, "Cop Killer Bullets" and ANYONE being able to buy a gun at a gun show with out a background check.  Just sayin...

Tonight, when I saw that car, shining it's lights into my driveway.  And it wasn't one of my neighbors friends?  And it sat there for a while?  Got out the .45.

I know I'm right, but I also know I should just relax.

Oh, bullshit.  I'm getting my gun!

Try to bring your shit to MY house?  Better be bullet proof.  Cause I'm armed.  Heavily armed.  Can you run 900 feet per second?  Cause if you can't?  You best be staying away from me and my .357 or my .45.

Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment