Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Call it hate, or, racism, or a, tea party. It's all wrong.

Just saw a FB post from an old friend who, "liked" a site about how you shouldn't have to press 1 for, English. Not in this country. We speak, "MurCan! And you better, too!" Oooooooh, really? We're regressing THAT far, even though we elected a Black Man as President?

Did the, Pilgrims take a, Cherokee Test for admission?

I have to admit. I used to feel that way. When I was trying to enforce our state's laws, it was VERY frustrating. Then when we found out that my wife was losing her sight. And she wanted to travel, and see the world while she could still, "see" a little? I changed my tune.

In 1999 she and I vastly underestimated the amount of cash we would need in, Isla Mujeres, Mexico for a week. Mostly because we had no idea that the isolated island, would NOT have enough telephone lines that you could use you credit/debit card in EVERY store or restaurant on the island! Some rather expensive purchases my wife, or my friend, Diane wanted to make were only made after the owner of the store told us his (insert relative here) down the street had an actual, phone line to the main land, and if I would come with him, with our credit card, the piece of jewelry the two women I have been closest to in my life, would be paid for, at the agreed price.

Diane was really pissed when her boyfriend wanted to buy her a bracelet, and the price was good, but, Deb said to the owner, "No Way! That's too much..." and I just led her outside and told her to relax, she would get the bracelet. And ten minutes later, Joe had payed half of what he was willing to pay, and, Diane was really happy with, Deb's bartering ability.

Anyway, I digress. We needed money because of the phone situation, just to eat and, "stay comfortably numb" which is why you go to, Isla Mujere's. So, the local, Combia's close early, and never open on Sundays. But, in front of the bank, there is an ATM. And I have a few cards, that I think they will take. But I don't speak, Spanish.

I used to be pissed, before this trip, that the ATM at MY credit union actually had the audacity, in Utah, to ask me if I wanted it to speak, English! Of course I do! I'm in, "America"!

But? Now, I'm in a different situation, aren't I? I didn't plan to MOVE to, Mexico. So I didn't learn the language. And if I can't get some cash, I'm shit outta luck. And hungry. When the screen popped up, and offered, "ENGLISH" as a choice? I was REALLY, happy!

Man, those, Mexicans are SO much more tourist friendly than we are... Wait a minute? Is my Credit Union, in a, "Ski Town" telling me my home is being taken over by, Mexicans, or is it just realizing that the world is changing? And since the, Olympics, adapting to the needs of tourists, and being available in all languages that apply?

Well, considering that the only time I've ever been in, Tijuana, one of the shop owners noticed my, "University Of Utah" shirt and asked us, "You guys from, Utah? We go to, Brian Head every winter to ski! We love it there". In English.

And when I needed cash in Paris, the options were, of course, French, but also, Spanish and, English. Just scroll down at you own credit union, and see if they haven't adapted to the new, open world.

Yeah, I agree. Having to pick a language when you call the gas company is a little unconcerting. But it's reality. And it's the reality of the changing globe, and the changing society. Not that the Mexicans are overrunning YOUR country. Lighten up. The fact that the Democrats won the last election, and are trying to pass their agenda is not, TYRANNY! We won, so we'll try to do what we think is right. Live with it for the next eight years.

You guys who hate brown people, especially the one in the, White House had control for 8 years and totally fucked it up. Now, sit down, and let us fix it. Stop worrying about the Mexicans. Read a book not published by, Glen Beck. Read a newspaper. Take a Valium. It's going to be OK.

And having worked in law enforcement for 23 years, I have to say, why are you not fortifying the Canadian Border? THOSE, people have national health care! So you know what they are?

Oh, I forgot. They're white. So they can't be a problem.

Lighten up on the illegals, Republicans. They are ALL, Christians, and you LOVE that! They do the jobs you don't want your kids to do because $6.00 an hour here sounds better than, $6.00 a DAY down there. And you exploit them for your cheap labor in your business'. If you want to stay in a clean motel, or eat beef, you better NOT send them home!

Wal Mart would self destruct were it not for, Hillbilly's and Mexicans. You, Republicans KNOW it, you just don't want to ADMIT it.

The move to close the border is nothing more than racism. If, Canadians worked cheap (and they don't because they have, A NATIONAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM like the rest of the SMART countries in the world) you still wouldn't close the border, because they're white!

And the Mexicans don't get something for nothing around here. They PAY taxes, but since they can't file to get them back? They don't! And how many poor, Americans use the Emergency Rooms of our hospitals, which by FEDERAL LAW cannot turn away anyone needing care, because we don't have, A NATIONAL HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, like the rest of the smart countries?

The right wing of this country is so stupid, uneducated, and out of touch with reality that they can't see that their OWN policy's of treating health care like a commodity, instead of a human right is causing all the problems in this country. Including the immigration problem.

You want to stop illegal immigration? You have two choices. Both involve having a NATIONAL HEALTH CARE PLAN. If you have that, you can lower the minimum wage to $6 a day. Just like, Mexico. Or, you can make sure everyone has health care, and can't make MORE than $6 an hour. Rich guys would LOVE that one.

Stop hating the Mexicans. Change your thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment