Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Red Butte Rude: Part Deaux

Went back for more punishment tonight to see, Lyle Lovett. Had to walk WAY up the mountain as we didn't have any friends there to call us into line up front. But it wasn't too bad. Talked to some nice folks. Had a good time.

Got in, and were not quite as close to the middle as last night, but still, nice seats near the back so we could get in and out easily. For a while. Just moments before the show was to start, some woman (and it's ALWAYS a Woman who wants to confront me about my seats! Why is that? Are their boyfriends afraid of me? Who knows?) walks over my blanket and says, "Mind if we squeeze in here?" My response? "Yeah, I do! You want my seats, get here early like I did. Move along." Oh, she was pissed. Good!

I had left a foot or two between the nice, older couple next to us. Turns out he's a retired, LEO too, and his knees are as bad as mine, and he wanted a little room to get up as well as I did. At least three people came and tried to sit there. And we both told them no, and we were jerks for doing it. Screw you! Again, you want my seats? You get there as early as I DID or piss off!

One woman asked, Deb if she could move our blanket and sit in front of us, and I couldn't hear what my Sainted, calm, "wouldn't say, shit if she had a mouthful", wife said to her, but the look on the woman's face led me to believe, Deb told her that her husband had a big knife and knew how to use it, so she better not sit there. They left with no further resistance.

If you want to show up in front of me, get there before me. It's just courtesy.

Oh, and by the way, I've been to my last, Lyle Lovett show. I love the guy's music, but this concert sucked. I'm sure that he and the, "Large Band" wore the dark suits to look like Undertakers, because the first hour and a half of the show was a, Funeral Dirge. All slow stuff and depressing, Bluegrass. It sucked ass. He was finally playing some up beat stuff in the second oncour while we were pulling out of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment