Sunday, January 9, 2011

Guns. Nothing Else, Just, "Guns".

When I was growing up, my dad had guns. We're from West Virginia. Hunting was part of the culture. There and when we moved to Utah when I was very young.

Every fall, I remember the smell of, Hoppe's gun solvent in the house as dad got ready for Pheasant, and then Deer season. That smell still means, "Fall" to me.

One year, on a Saturday morning I was playing Little League Football, and after the game, my mom and one of the other kids dad's came to me and said, "Your dad's been shot, and he's at Cottonwood Hospital. We think he's going to be OK." You think? Thanks for that information. I remember crying like crazy. I thought my dad was going to die, because in the 60's, if you got, "SHOT" on TV, you died!

Never mind that my dad was Pheasant hunting that morning, instead of watching his son play football. That's a WHOLE nother blog about, "Daddy Issues". Just ask my, mom.

Guns are a part, inextricable part, of my life. I grew up with them. And even though I didn't intend it to happen, when I finally found a career? It was all ABOUT guns!

The last 18 years of my professional life, I carried a gun to work every day of my life. And most of the time off of work, I had one too! Just because I was living in the area of the valley that I spent 10 years of my life, putting people in jail. They would recognize me, but I might not recognize THEM! So I had to be ready for anything.

Now? When my son plays soccer in West Valley/Magna I always carry a gun. Even bought a special one with a laser sight so I could hope to fend off a fight just by, "lighting" someone up and not having to actually shoot them.

I don't like, "game" meat, so I don't hunt any more. I'm not anti-hunting. I just agree with, Ron White, "It's early and cold and I don't want to get up..."

I've gotten rid of my long rifle, but kept the .22 pump and a couple of shotguns.

I thought I had all the guns I needed. But after yesterday in Arizona? I'm not so sure. I might have to buy a few more, and spend more time with the kids, teaching them to shoot on a range.

After all, I'm a Liberal. And it seems that in this country right now, that's enough to get you and your whole family shot! And I BLOG! So everyone knows what I think!

Wow. Has it come this far? Are we that screwed up in this country? And to tell the truth, it's NOT the LIBERALS who are doing this. It's the, "NeoCon's". The Tea Party nuts who want to shoot people they don't agree with. Like the, "Black Guy" who's the President.

Racist, Nut balls.

So, since I'm a Liberal (Which means I'm smarter then YOU if you're a Republican, of ANY ilk) I'm going to buy some more guns tomorrow, and some more ammo. So YOU can't shoot ME in the head.

Guns are cool.

Republicans? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment