Friday, January 7, 2011

Monetize? Really?

I got talked into doing this, blogging, I mean, by a friend. Who said I expressed myself so passionately, about issues that were important. My first response was, "Who Care's what I think?"

Still is.

But now I have a few people who read this. Very few. And I'm wondering? Should I Monetize? And if I did, what would it mean?

I have a former friend, who thinks herself an author, even though no one has read her book. I guess that if I, "Monetized" I could call myself a, "Political Blogger" even if no one bought advertising on my page.

Oh, wait. I DO call myself a Political Blogger. And a sports blogger as well, and no one buys time on my blog.

I've sent email to places asking for information, using this as my address, and calling myself a, "Political Blogger" and been shut out of information. So I guess this makes me a REAL political blogger, but without the clout of being in the Huffington Post (I LOVE you, Arianna! Talk to me, you Greek Goddess! I LOVE YOU!).

So, that being said. Has anyone reading this, besides, Barb Guy who gets paid for her opinion in the Tribune, ever thought about monetizing your blog? Or have you? And if so, what was the result?

Just curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment