Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas: NOT!

We woke up way too early.  This lead to an early, and way too big, breakfast at the, Blueberry Hill Diner.  FOUR eggs, chorizo, veggies AND hash browns and rice with toast?  Who can eat that much food?  Not me.

We found the cigar store, then Trader Joe's (18, I shit you not, 18 boxes of vanilla, almond, crunch cereal for the 15 year old eating machine I parent, and this MIGHT last him through the end of the month).

Then to Costco for gas and some Christmas booze.  I'm pretty sure I won't get stopped at the boarder for bootleg cereal, so the flakes are coming home in the back seat.  The booze is going in the trunk.

We did everything we had to do by about eleven o'clock local time.  Which lead to WAY too much free time.  So I came back to the condo, and turned on the computer so I could listen to satellite radio.  I have some plug in speakers that will fill your room with sound, and they sound pretty good.

So I open up Facebook, and after an hour or so, I'm not very happy with you Facebook, "friends"!  You people all do THIS at WORK!  Especially, you who STILL work for the state!  WTF!  MY tax dollars at work?  Yeah, right.

If I was able to notice this through an hour or so of casual observation?  What does your IT guy know about you, and how you're spending your time?  And what's he telling your boss?  Think about it.  You know I'm right.

We finally, about two o'clock, local time decided it was time to smoke those cigars. Shit, I forgot to pack my cigar lighter.  Phil walks to the corner and comes home with a BBQ lighter, since he didn't want to buy a 12 pack of shitty, cheap, butane lighters.  Works for me.

And since with no cigar lighter, we have no cigar punch, so we use my trusty pocket knife to carve a hole in the back end of each of these sweet, locally produced, hand rolled baby's.

We smoked them on the balcony of the condo, in the sun, watching the planes land at McCarren and enjoying the 60 degree weather.  For HOURS!  Those cigars lasted for ever.  If I had the right USB cable, I would show you a picture of Phil holding a cigar he had smoked down to about a half an inch long!  It was a good afternoon.

We took a taxi to Planet Hollywood.  We'd been drinking, if you haven't guessed.  Had dinner at some burger place there.  It was OK, but not spectacular.  But we were in, "The House" where my friend, Lisa would bring THE FUNNY!  And that was all that mattered.

We had a drink at, CaboWa Bo, which is below the comedy club.  And WAY too loud.  But after the first one, we went out on the patio and had a drink, looking onto the strip and the fountains at the Billagio.  My favorite Las Vegas attraction.

Warning to anyone who wants to do that.  If you order a double, Maker's Mark on the rocks?  You will pay for that drink, what you pay for a bottle of Maker's Mark in a Utah liquor store.  $24.

Time to go to to the show.  Lots of stairs.

And the two guys opening up are funny.  Not national, headliner funny, like, Lisa, but funny.

Then, Lisa comes out and KILLS!  She looks awesome.  The woman who put, "muffintop" in the dictionary is so skinny she can't do THAT joke anymore.
After the show, she came off stage, saw ME, and leaned over, and hugged and kissed on the check, PHIL, before she hugged me!  

WTF?  I want a hug and a kiss from the hot, young, chick!

All goofing aside, this young, beautiful, talented, comic let us into her world, and let us hang out with her, and buy her a drink and talk to me about her family as I talk to her about mine.  She's the coolest celebrity EVER, she is awesome.  End of  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment