Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Ride In The Mountains

Last night, I decided that since Danny was gone, and Meagan doesn't like to go anywhere, Deb and I should go for a ride in the mountains today.  Take, "The Bitchin' Camaro" and just ride up to Park City, or Heber, find a restaurant we haven't been to.  Just get out of the valley for a while.

Not a good idea.  Bad weekend to do that.

In Parley's Canyon, they were doing construction.  So traffic, both up and down, was stopped for at least ten minutes.  I don't know if they were blasting or what.  But nothing was moving.  And then when it did?  The assholes with boats and trailers all moved to the fast lane, where they are NOT supposed to be.

By the time we got to the really steep part of the canyon, I was in the fast lane, behind a guy in a Ford Ranger pickup who was going 50 miles an hour.  I flashed my lights, I blew my horn, I have to consider him warned.

He finally got over and let me go buy, but the old bastard gave me a craggy, swollen finger as I went past.  Hey, jerk!  It's not ME that was wrong!  Under Utah law, you HAVE to move over!  No one made your ass the Speed Limit Sheriff!  Get the fuck out of the way!

We decided to go all the way to Heber, as I had heard about a new restaurant I thought I could find on the main drag through town.  Bad idea.

The, Tour Of Utah bike race was coming through town.  They shuffled us off onto side streets, and no one could move for about a half an hour.  Once we could get back onto the main street, we just went to, The Hub (not a bad choice, don't get me wrong.  But hardly a NEW place) to get a sandwhich and come home.

On the way back, we stopped to try to see our friends, Ron and Laura in Snyderville.  One of their twins answered the door, and told us they were in Salt Lake today.  Bad timing all the way around.

Going back down the canyon?  Construction again.

So much for a little high speed run up to the mountains and back.

But the good side of this day was yet to come.  I went out on the patio with the satellite radio, one of those Cuban contraband cigars I brought home and enjoyed it.  So it wasn't all bad.

I think tomorrow?  I'm just going to sleep in.  Sometimes you can try too hard to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment