Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Night. And I'm Old. I Don't Go Out

Man, I remember a time in my life when I couldn't imagine NOT going out on a Saturday night.  Golden Eagles games, Ute football followed by time in the clubs.  The Green Parrot, The Dead Goat, DB Cooper's, The Haggis, we hit them all.

Then I became a Cop.  Had to quit going to clubs.  Because I kept running into bad guys.  So, it was either take a gun and NOT drink, cause you can't drink when you're, "packing" as an off duty Cop.  Or not bring a gun, and take my chances.  I let all my club cards expire.

Now?  I'm perfectly happy to stay home and watch stand up comedy on, Comedy Central, boxing on HBO, college football from September to January.  I'm an old fart and perfectly happy to be one.

After all I went through to get here?  Happy to still be alive.  I still have to have the cancer checks every three months for a few years.  Smoking and Meth Labs are not your friends, trust me.

And watching comedy on Comedy Central lead to Deb and I having a friend who's a comedian!  I would have never met Lisa Landry if I hadn't been watching TV on a Saturday night in January on 2010!

She's the only person who's ever had her own half hour show on Comedy Central, who also has her phone number in MY cell phone!  I think that's pretty cool.

And I still watch, COPS when ever it's on.  Yeah, yeah, I know.  I LIVED it for 20+ years.  But I can't help myself.  I KNOW they edit it a lot, but still, I see some shit I would have smacked a Rookie for doing when I was his FTO,  every week.  Mostly by the veteran COPS.

I bet they have to shoot 500 hours of stuff before they get 30 minutes they can put on TV.  After all, law enforcement is long stretches of boredom, punctuated by short bursts of absolute chaos!

Chaos brings the viewers.  That and the the shooting and tits.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment