Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our Society is Sick and Wrong.

I should, probably, get out of, Face Book. But I LOVE it so much! I've hooked up with so many OLD friends! By, OLD, I mean some folks I have not had contact with since high school, and sometimes even before. And for the most part, it's been great! I love hearing about their lives, and their kids, and the jobs they ended up in. It's a great read every night when you first hook up with these folks. I can't wait to come down here, and see what my old friends are up too!

For a while. Then, you lose touch with the people you were most excited to find at first. And you find that they were, pretty much, what you expected them to grow up to be. If they were really, "Goody-Goody" Mormon's when they were kids? Well, they are now, too.

If they were not very smart when you were kids? They watch, "Faux News" now, and think our, President was born in, Africa.

If they had an unusual fascination with guns and/or drugs when we were kids? They are in prison or the State Legislature, now. Sometimes, they can do BOTH if you follow them long enough!

I was just on FB for a while tonight, and I was amazed at the amount of folks that I thought were smart, and some of them really, GOOD, Agent's, too! Who were , "In tears", or, "Totally Disappointed" at the results of, "Dancing With The Stars"! WTF? Really? You're SURPRISED, that the FAVORITE, didn't win your favorite, "reality show"? Really?

OK, here's your reality lesson. All you fans of, AI who live in, Murray, Utah, do you remember who finished in FRONT of the little, Gay, Artchuletta, Kid from, Murray High? The one who's father recently got busted for trying to hire a prostitute? No? Neither do I!

But if he'd won, we wouldn't remember the other guy either, so they gave, David second place, and TWO of their people a career! Or possible, career.

Yeah, David was the best singer, but if you follow the money, they had to drag one more in. It was the next guy. No, I'm not going to Google him, I don't give a shit.

You really think your, "votes", that were just charges to your cell phone account meant ANYTHING? Really? You do? Are you smoking crack? Because they didn't mean SHIT!

So tonight, my friends are SO upset about the results of, DWTS? Yeah, like, Kelly and her fat legs were going to win. And Marie, with her MH problems had a shot? She's so beautiful, trust me, she's my age, and even, Non-Mormons in my Jr. High were in love with, Marie Osmond. I'd have HAD her 8 kids! Why, not, me!

Reality TV sucks. Network TV sucks. I have 500 channels, and mostly I watch, HBO, Showtime, for the series. Comedy Central and, MSNBC for the truth (Because, Comedy Central, keeps, MSNBC honest). And every week, when I'm not watching, college football, I watch, "COPS" on, Fox on Saturday night. To remind me why I retired from that job.

You cried at the end of, DWTS? Really? Oh, I have to re-assess my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment