Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, it's, Thanksgiving Eve, here in the Mountain Time Zone. And it means the start of the, "Holiday Season"! Shit. I hate the holidays.

Too much traffic in Murray, since we have a Mall. Too much shopping. My kids are too old to believe in, Santa, so it's not a big deal for them. Except what they will get.

I love my family, I love having them around. But I hate to SHOP for them! My birthday is Christmas Day, and I DON'T WANT any presents! You want to buy me something? Buy me a pass at a local golf course for next summer!

Put it in a card. End of story. End of holiday.

Or, let me pick out a new set of Irons at, Golf Galaxy, and you bring them home for me. That would MAKE my Christmas!

Bah. Humbug!

I don't like the holidays, and I hate to deal with them. Deb's birthday is on the 3rd of December, so I have to come up with something spectacular for THAT, and then, three weeks later? An awesome Christmas Present! December sucks for me. Good thing I'm rich.

I've spent about $5K this year, already. And bought TWO gifts. I hope my kids don't want shit for Christmas. I spent all the money on their mother.

Christmas sucks.

And I share a birthday with, Jesus Christ, and Jimmy Buffett. I've SEEN, Jimmy Buffett, a lot. Jesus? Not so much. I have to believe that, Jimmy Buffett exists. And, Jesus Christ is a figment of imagination. Or I'm, Jesus, since I was born on his birthday! Highly unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment