Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2001 And It's STILL Snowing In The Salt Lake Valley? WTF?

We DID have a, "Dog Day" Friday today in the back yard. But it was cold, and the weather was shitty. Spring Time in the Rockies used to be OVER by MAY. Now? Not so much.

Today I have seen hail, snow, snow grains, rain, sunshine, and everything but the sunshine was blowing sideways at some point!

We were in the, "Garage Mahal" to get out of the wind, but opened the back garage door so the dogs could come and go and we could toss tennis balls out for them. But after we'd been out there for about a half an hour, it got cold. I had to go split some kindling so we could light a fire in the wood stove. It made all the difference in the wold.

At one point, my old, "Meth Lab" was so close to the stove I had to move her because I was afraid she would start to singe her hair. Burning dog hair stinks almost as bad as dog farts.

When the guys and the dogs left, I came in and built a fire in the fireplace so I could watch the Redwings game in warmth. And, Deb made an observation that I think was correct. She said, "You made a fire? I don't think you've ever made a fire THIS late in April." That's probably true. This has been the coldest spring I can remember.

One week from right now, I will be sleeping in a condo on, "Playa Norta" on, Isla Mujeres. It should be 85 degrees. Because it's ALWAYS 85 degrees on Isla Mujeres. And I've been there twice before, so I speak as someone who knows. Once in January, once in June. Always, always, 85. Every freakin' day. Trust me. I can't wait. "The Blind Lady" and I NEED this. It's been a long winter with no trip to the tropics for the first time in about six years.

The reason for that is another story, but not another blog. Not yet. It's not about money, or time off.

So when we are sitting in the bar/restaurant at the, Nautibeach Condo's next Friday night, listening to singer/songwriters from Texas do their songs, and enjoying the sea smell and breeze and some, "boat drinks" I will forget all about the snow, and cold. And I hope that by the time we get back, we will have spring in Utah. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment