Friday, April 8, 2011

Politics, As Usual

So Wimmer blames the President for the budget impasse. Who does this nut cake from out in, Glenbeckistan, think he is? He didn't go to college, he's dumber than a box of rocks, and he obviously doesn't know anything about history. Yet he's on the front page of this mornings, Tribune.

The R's in Congress want to put the whole Government on hold because they are pissed off about Planned Parenthood. Yep. That's the reason we're in debt. Not the two needless wars started by the Bush Administration so his buddies in the oil business could take back the oil infrastructure they lost when Saddam Hussein nationalized the oil business in Iraq when he took control.

Teachers unions are bankrupting the states? Really? It's not that the rich are paying too little in tax while they don't want to pay the Cops, teachers, firefighters and others that they need to keep society functioning a living wage?

And the really bad part about all this, is the the, "sheeple" who continue to vote for Republicans, the ones without an education, who work for an hourly wage, who won't have anything to retire on, who don't have health care, who think the minimum wage is Communist Plot, even though they work for it, Who WILL benefit from Social Security and Medicare, won't vote for a Democrat because they are convinced that if we don't tax rich people, they will, "trickle down" some money which will make them rich one day, and they are worried about their GUNS!

If I believed in God, I'd have to say, "Jesus Christ! Protect us from people who only buy books at, Costco and watch Faux News! Lord save us from the dumb! Because they seem to be in charge right now!"

Look, Republicans, let me let you in on some secrets, OK? We (the smart people) are NOT coming for your guns. I spent my life in law enforcement. I've been a shooter since I was a kid. I LOVE me some guns and have a BIG safe full of them in my basement. I even have a concealed carry permit because I sometimes have to go to parts of the valley where I spent many years putting those folks in jail and I'm afraid they might recognize me when I don't recognize them, and they would attempt to cause me or my family death or serious bodily injury. I keep it my wallet right next to my ACLU Card. I'm not making that up. I do.

Using contraception is NOT abortion. Normal people have sex. Because it's fun. Not to put a finger in God's eye. I'm a Liberal, and I'm not FOR abortion. No one is FOR abortion. Hell, I adopted my son. I'm thrilled that his birth mother decided to NOT have an abortion and allow my wife and I to adopt him. Well, except when I get his report cards. But the point is that she had a CHOICE to give him to us. Some bureaucrat in Washington didn't make her choice (remember how you're always talking about too much Government intervention into your life?), she did. And that's how I think it should be. Even if I'm not for abortion, I'm for a woman's right to choose.

For herself. Not your need to impose your choices on her. And Planned Parenthood PREVENTS a lot more abortions than it performs, by providing contraception. Would you stop people from having sex altogether unless it was for procreation? Well, you and the Catholic Church. So who do you want running this country? The Pope!?

Global climate change is a reality even if you choose not to believe the science. And if we don't do something about it, we will kill ourselves. No, there is not going to be a, "rapture" before we burn all the coal. Just accept the fact that we need to change our ways, even if you don't want to. Hell, I drive a Camaro! I love fossil fuel because it lets me drive really fast in a big ass muscle car. But even I know it won't last for ever. Can't we at least spend as much money on alternative energy sources as we do on coal and oil? What would that hurt?

I have Exxon/Mobile stock, and it's making me rich. It's one of the reasons I could retire. But if they don't start looking at providing alternative energy, I won't own them much longer cause they're gong to be WAY behind the curve here shortly.

America is the greatest country on the planet. But we are not always right. We have this, "superiority complex", since we won a few wars in a row, and it seems to make us think that anything we didn't come up with can't possibly be good. Like a national health care system.

We are not, for some reason, able to look at the great things other countries have done (hell, we can't even admit that other countries have ever done ANYTHING right) and learn from it.

Winston Churchill was vehemently opposed to the National Health Service in England after WWII. But before he died, he said his greatest political mistake was opposing it.

When the President's wife is FOR something, it doesn't mean you, as a Republican HAVE to be against it. When Laura Bush was in favor of children reading, after all she was a librarian, Democrats, as much as we hated her stupid husband, didn't come out in favor of illiteracy! Michelle Obama just wants kids to quit eating junk and have more fruit's and vegetables in their diet. It's not a Communist plot to kill the candy and potato chip industry! Lighten up.

The bottom line is that we Progressives take our direction from science and reason. You Republicans take your cues from your imaginary friend, who lives in the sky. And never the twain shall meet.

But if you keep doing it, and ignoring science and reason, and history because you vote for what you think SHOULD happen, instead of what you know, in your reptilian brain that knows truth when you see it, WILL happen? This country is, to quote, Mojo Nixon, "fucked up to the highest level of fucktivity!"

And just continuing to blame, "The Black Guy" isn't going to fly in the next election. No matter who you run, you've lost this one.

So I would advise you to not run, Pawlenty this time. Keep him for 2016. He might have a chance if you can make him a little more real person, and less Superhero like in his ads.

This time run Palin, or Bachman on the, "Batshit Crazy Ticket", or one of the Mormon's, because no one will vote for them anyway. Not now, not ever, it ain't going to happen. So at least you could say, "Hey, we TRIED!"

Now, get back to work running the country, Congress! And quit trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Oh, sorry, Wimmer, I used a BIG word. I'll try not to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment