Sunday, April 3, 2011

Springtime In The Rockies

Yesterday, spent the day driving around in the 400 bhp, rear wheel drive, summer only, speed rated PZero performance tire equiped, "Bitchin" Camaro" with the windows down.

This morning, 8 inches of snow on the patio. Welcome to spring time in the Rockies. If you don't like the weather, stick around for five minutes, it will change for you!

Yesterday it was 71 degrees in the afternoon. Today, when I went out to fire up the woodstove in the, "Man Cave" for the Sunday afternoon cigar smoke, it was 40 degrees.

At verious times today it was cloudy, snowing, sleeting, sunny, hailing and any combination of all of the above depending on where you were standing, or which way you were looking.

It was possible today for the dogs to make a yellow hole in the snow, and for the people to go snowblind walking into the house to get another ice cube. You gotta love it here this time of year.

Tomorrow, I'm just going to sleep through the morning. It will still be wet outside. And then, come down here, pay bills on line and hope that by the afternoon, the snow has melted off the roads and I can drive to the Credit Union and not get my car dirty.

One of these days, when my son is out of high school, I'm going to find a place in some warm climet to spend my time between the end of the college bowl games, and the start of May. Belize, Mexico, Tucson, Florida, hell even Mesquite, Neveada is much better than it was a few years ago when my dad tried it. And I WILL pay what it takes to play golf. I'm not as cheap as he was.

Before the back sugery, the abdominal hernia, the two knee surgery's and all the other problems that a life of playing football, soccer, ice hockey, and chasing bandits and kicking in dooes cause, I used to love winter here. Skiing was awesome.

Now it would kill me. I like a beach more than a mountain covered in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment