Thursday, April 7, 2011

I WANT To Spend My Money, But No One Will Take It!

Last year, when I bought the Camaro, my wife said, "Now that you got your Muscle Car, I want something." OK, what? She said, "I want to go see, Jimmy Buffett." I said, "We go see him every year in Las Vegas?" She said, "I want to see him in Paris."

OK, fair enough. I spent a fortune on the car. I tried to buy tickets in March to a September concert, and they were sold out.

We went to Greece for two weeks with some friends instead. That should be pay off enough, as we spent some time in Paris on the way home. Not as much as we planned, but that's another blog.

So ever since then, I've been TRYING to buy tickets to see, Buffett in Paris. He's there this year in September, too.

You go to the, Maragritaville site, and it kicks you to a site that will sell you a ticket but it's in French. As it should be. But even with my limited knowlage of French, it's not THAT hard to negotiate. And yet, it won't take my money! It tells me tickets are available, but won't sell them to me! I don't get it.

And if you go to Ticketmaster, they won't sell you tickets outside of the US. They say. But they lie, because they deal in tickets in Canada for everyone!

But when you ask the web site about tickets in Paris for Jimmy Buffett, it tells me, where I live, "There are no tickets available for your request in Utah or Montana". No shit? My REQUEST was in Paris, France! Not in Utah or Montana.

And for the life of me, I can't figure out why they connect Utah and Montana? Utah and Colorado? OK. Even Utah and Nevada, Wyoming, or Arizona would be OK. But Montana? That's a stretch.

No one goes to New Mexico for ANY reason, so that's why I didn't include THAT boarder state.

So if anyone I know who lives in the Murray area speaks French, please contact me, and come over and help me buy tickets to take the, "Blind Lady" to, "see" Buffett in Paris this year. I'll buy you a drink. Hell, I'll buy you lunch. Just send me an email.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Well this may be your lucky day. My wife and I are Parrot heads that got relocated from Texas to Germany. Plans fell through for friends to come out in Sept. to go see the concert. I have 2 extra tickets that are up for sale. If you are still interested, let me know. They are Category 3 Orchestre.

    ReplyDelete