Thursday, May 17, 2012

You Can't Argue Politics With Right Wingers

As a matter of fact, you can't even joke around with them.  I have a friend who lives in California.  He posted a funny deal last night about his 2012 , "Stimulus Package" he received in the mail.  Obama bumper sticker, tomato seeds, KFC coupons, etc.  It was pretty creative, and I got a good laugh out of it.

And I sent one back that said my package included a lot of new jobs, a 30% rise in housing starts and a, "Dogs Against Romney" bumper sticker my dog put on the car!

Oh, let the HATE begin!  Called names, every typo I made brought to light, slurs about my name, the requisite jokes about, "wives" since I'm from Utah and the calling into question my education.

Lighten up, people! How come it's OK for my friend to make jokes about the President, but when I shoot one back?  You get to attempt to insult me in every way your tiny mind can think of to do it?

I didn't take a shot at our mutual friend.

We don't agree on anything politically, but every time he comes back to SLC to visit his son, I want to see him.  I've known the guy since high school.  Even took his sister out a time or two.

All that happened in Utah.  You hit him with Polygamy jokes?  I bet not.

Even though none of the people saying shitty things about me will ever read this, I'm going to tell them why they are idiots anyway.

Politics is a two way street.  You can debate, and talk intelligently about it, or you can just scream your silly, racist, bullshit, and hope you can scream the loudest.

"Oh yeah!  Well you're ugly and mother dresses you funny!" is NOT, debate.

If the best you can do is make a lame polygamy joke because you looked at my profile on Facebook as saw I live in Utah?  You are a moron to the highest degree of, "Moronity".  You can't do better than that?  REALLY?  That's all you got?  Come on.

I am not now, or have I ever been a Mormon.  I have no Mormons in my family.  Hell, I'm not even from Utah.  My wife was raised a Mormon.  In California.

My last name is easy to make fun of.  There are so many possibilities to abuse, Stickley.  And my friends, growing up, did for ever.  My first little league football coach couldn't even pronounce it.  Stockley, Stickney, Strickley, he ran through everything and never got it right.  So he just started calling me, "Stick" and it stuck.  For most of my life, my friends have called me, Stick.  My friends from the old neighborhood even called me, "Joy Stick" for a while.  And this was WAY before video games.  It was not a good thing to be called.  Think about it.

If the best you can do in your wall post is call me, "mr sticky" You have the creative mind of a piece of fruit.

If you're going to try to insult me?  Put some effort into it.  Otherwise?  Get that weak shit out of here.

And you want to give me a hard time about a typo?  Yeah, only Liberals ever misspell words on Facebook, since there isn't a spellcheck on the wall.  It's just me.  Everyone else is perfect all the time.

If this is the reason you deduce that I don't have an education?  You better never, ever misspell a word on Facebook.  You should be perfect.  Otherwise, you got a big assed pile of rocks in your uninsulated, coal heated, lead painted, glass house.

The other thing that just kills me, is that to this group of idiots, if you believe the things Liberals believe?  You have, "drunk the Kool Aid".  An inference, I assume, that I belong to a cult that does all my thinking for me.  Like the Teabaggers.

First of all, if you actually read newspapers, and watch or listen to legitimate news sources, you know that the Jonestown cult didn't spent the extra money to buy, Kool Aid.  They bought the cheaper, Flavor Aid.  And the folks who make Kool Aid spent millions trying to make that known, but finally gave up, and the phrase, "Drank the Kool Aid" has become part of our language.

So, if I believe the things Liberals believe, I must be an uneducated, polygamous (like Mitt Romney's grandfather), idiot who believes anything he's told.

They don't even get the irony of making polygamy jokes about me for living in Utah, while the candidate they support comes from a polygamous family and actually IS a Mormon?  They make it so easy to prove them to be idiots.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.

So, my friend Mike might share this with his buddies, but I kind of doubt it.  He gets the joke.  His friends don't.  So I'll just say this.

If you work for a paycheck, and you don't make millions of dollars, and you don't have health insurance, or you're on disability, or your kid is in Head Start, or on CHIP insurance, or you get Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid or Food Stamps, farm subsidies, enjoy a safe work place, use the interstate highway system, have ever called the Police or Fire Department and you hate the government?  You're a moron.  You are full of Flavor Aid delivered to poor people, by rich people.  And you will never be one of them.

And your attempts to insult me?  Don't work.  You're not smart enough.  Arguing with you is like arguing with a single cell organism, who keeps telling you don't really understand how things work.  Yeah, I do.  You on the other hand, are a germ.

No comments:

Post a Comment