Monday, May 2, 2011

And.... Here It Comes.

"This is NOT a victory for, Obama!" "Thank God for, George W. Bush!" "Odummy isn't so smart after all". "Thank God Obama didn't close Gitmo or we wouldn't have been able to get, Osama!" Plus the usual calling me, "a left wing nut ball" for being a Liberal. A title I embrace, by the way. If you think you're saying bad things about me by calling me a Liberal? I have news for you. I truly believe I'm a Liberal because I'm smarter than you, so thanks for the compliment. I mean, after all, if you work for a living and earn an hourly wage and still vote for Republicans, you're not very bright.

The nastiest vitriol came from my, "friend" who is an ex-pat American who deserted this country for France, but won't tell his life story, so I have no idea where that's coming from. He accuses me of having no memory. Well, I remember the USSR getting it's ass kicked in Afghanistan and not knowing when to get out. I'm just saying, now that OBL is dead, can't we come home? Leave that crummy country to govern itself and not get any more Americans killed looking for OBL?

I'm glad he's dead. The SEALS are America's new SWAT team, good for them! I support the troops. I think it was the right thing to do to go into Afghanistan looking for OBL after 9-11. What else do you want me to say to prove I'm an American?

Now that we are done over there, lets get out and come home. And we are done in Iraq, too. So lets come home. And why do we still have troops all over the world? Why can't they come home, too?

If you think killing Osama is going to make the USA safe from terrorism, you're not paying attention. It was a symbolic gesture, at best. An important one, but it won't solve the problem. Our foreign policy is the problem. And the truth be known, in the Arab world? They will hate us as long as we support Israel. I'm not saying we shouldn't, but it's why the Arabs hate us, and we just have to accept that we can't change that.

The Muslims don't hate us for, "our freedom". They hate us because we like the Jews better than them.

And I still don't think that terrorism in THIS country can be prevented by the military. I believe it's a law enforcement problem. You can get at the leaders, like we did yesterday, in foreign lands, but keeping plots from being carried out on our soil is up to the LEO's.

And I think I need to make note of one more observation that no one else has made, at least on the news programs I've been watching.

Bill Maher got fired from a network job a few years ago, when he said that the guys who flew the planes into the towers were a lot of things, but you couldn't call them cowards. And I agree. They were NOT afraid to die. The were every other bad thing you can say about them, and they were totally evil. I believe that anyone who would take your life in the name of religion is. But they were not cowards. They died for their convictions.

Osamma Ben Laden was a complete and total coward. A chickenshit, spoiled rich kid from Saudi Arabia who had the ability to whip young, devout, religious zealots into a frenzy to the point that they would strap on explosives and blow themselves up to further HIS sick and twisted world view. And he was this right up to the end when he tried to hide behind a girl when the bullets were flying. He doesn't even deserve to be a martyr to his OWN cause because all the kids who died for HIM? They wouldn't be able to expect him to die for them!

Oh there will be some who say he did. After all, someone has to be in charge, right? Bullshit. He was hiding out in a mansion, never missing a meal.

There was even a rumor a few years ago, and I haven't gone to look and see if it's true, so I don't stand behind it, but I'm just sayin... That he was paying family's of kids who agreed to be suicide bombers. Even if that is NOT true, I would have to ask every family who's loved one blew themselves up with a suicide bomb, or flew a plane into an American building, or otherwise lost their life because Osamma Ben Laden told them to, if it was worth it? Do you feel better now than you did before when you saw the footage of your Leader firing an AK47 that made him look like he was actually on the front lines, leading terrorists against, "The Great Satan"?

Do you believe that America is not as strong, and vibrant as it was before 9-11? That your child's death really bothered the average American, or changed their political views, or made them think twice about your religion maybe being the RIGHT one? Because it didn't. And we have the physical force to back up our position. And you DAMN sure know we will use it. You're family is saddened by it's loss, and to tell the truth? So are we. We all have family.

But you were duped. He had no intention of putting HIMSELF at risk. He used your kids to further his agenda. Lots of people bought his bullshit, in the name of religion.

So the coward is dead, and that's a good thing. Now, bring the troops home. And get American business to quit sending all the jobs overseas so these guys can earn a living when they get back. Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. What is really crazy is these radical terrorist leaders who are left will claim Bin-Laden is a Martyr and will recruit even more people willing to die for Osama.

    ReplyDelete