Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Doesn't Smell Right

The other night, one of the, "Talking Heads" on TV, and I don't remember which one said something about the information that got Ben Laden came from intelligence originally obtained from prisoners at GITMO. Then later, I heard it stated that it came from GITMO, and was obtained using, "enhanced Interrogation" (torture). And now, I'm seeing stuff on Facebook about how it's a great deal we tortured those guys, or we wouldn't have gotten OBL.

I don't know if it's the Cop in me, or the debate club president from high school, but this just seems to have a lot of holes in it.

I don't know, because I haven't researched it, but are we still putting NEW prisoners in GITMO? Or have all THOSE guys been there ten years or so?

That question leads to this one. If the information came from a guy who's been in Cuba for ten years, how could he have useful, current information that would have gotten us where we were on Sunday night? And if it IS old information, why did it take so long to act on it?

Leading to this question. If it came from a new guy, the information, if obtained using torture, had to be at LEAST three years old, because the Obama Administration stopped using, "enhanced interrogation" when they took office. So why did we wait 3 years to act on the information?

And who made the announcement that it was obtained using, "enhanced interrogation"? The current White House wouldn't say that, even if it were true, because they said we don't torture any more. And they would look foolish if they announced that, "Hey, we were just kidding! We still water board the SHIT out those guys!".

So, it sounds to me like this piece of information might not be true. It sounds like it came from someone who would LIKE it to be true.

And since I'm leaving the country in about 24 hours for some serious beach time, and despite the fact that I paid for a new ipad 2 more than a month ago, it hasn't arrived yet, I'm not going to be spending a lot of time trying to figure out where it came from.

I'm just guessing, but I'd wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to not be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment