Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm Glad THAT'S Over

Took down the fake Christmas tree today.  Had to go to that a few years ago when we figured out that all of us were sick for the whole month of December because of the bug infested, fire retardant sprayed, dusty ass, REAL tree we kept in the living room for a month!

Years ago it used to smell like pine.  Smelled like, "Christmas".  But after they started spraying it with chemicals to keep it from catching on fire?  It smelled more like a meth lab.

Trust me.  I had a LOT of experience in meth labs.  I can smell one a mile off.

I will miss the college football.  I LOVE college football.  Best game in the world (with apologies to the NHL.  "Let's, GO, Red, Wings!")

But I'll be damn sure not to miss another stinking, Lexus commercial!  They started the day after Halloween.  And who gives a CAR for Christmas!?  I don't care how rich you are, if you're not, Tony Soprano, giving, Carmella a Porsche Cayenne because you've had a million, "Goo ma's" in a FICTIONAL, TV show?  You don't give a CAR for Christmas!  Total bullshit.

And just for shits and giggles, lets say you COULD afford to buy a Lexus for your significant other!  Which one?  What color?  What options?  Which interior package?  What wheels?  Which tires?  You better be clairvoyant, or you're going to piss him/her off.

A car is a pretty personal decision.  If my wife had bought my Camaro a couple of years ago?  As long as we've been married?  As well as we know each other?  She would have screwed it ALL up!

She wouldn't have popped for the, Ground Effects Package.  Or the, Performance Exhaust.  About $3K worth of dealer options.  Hell, she would have bought an Impala, because the ride is better!

So, now we are through with the Christmas commercials.  The whole, Holiday bullshit.  Thank, God.  And I don't believe in God!

I used to like the holidays.  When the kids where young, it was fun. Now?  Just a pain in the ass.

I have enough firewood to last for a month or two.  And I can get more.  I'm just going to hunker down, read a lot, and try to survive until the thaw in the spring.

But at least I'm done hearing that stupid Lexus song, and, "Ho, ho, ho" for about nine months until it all starts again.

And if you really have the money to buy your significant other a TRUE luxury car?  Lexus is a glorified, Toyota Camry.  Go with the Audi.  Trust me.  I did and it's been awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Audi's seem to have a lot of problems...just judging from friends of mine who own them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say this, Becky. When you buy an Audi, they don't tell you that you can't go to Pep Boys and by your wipers. You can only get them at the dealer, and they are $60 a pair. And you do need to buy expensive tires to keep it riding like the luxury car you want, and you paid for. And those tires don't last that long.

    And when your radio/nav system control thing goes out it, yeah, it's expensive ($850) but that same system would be just as expensive if the On Star and everything should blow out after the warranty in the Camaro.

    So I have to say, I've had realativly NO trouble with my Audi. And I've had it almost six years now.

    My son gets his DL next month, and I'm looking for a good one for him with even as much as 100K miles on it. Safe, Quattro, hope I can find him one!

    ReplyDelete