Sunday, January 29, 2012

Las Vegas. Love It. And I Don't Even Gamble.

I was watching, "Vegas Strip" on, TRU tv tonight and laughing my ass off.  This show IS Vegas for most folks.  Drunk tourists, criminals, idiots and bright lights.  Girls in short skirts.  Yeah, baby!  VEGAS, BABY!  WHOO HOO!

And that, Vegas DOES exist.  You won't be disappointed if that's what you want.  It's there for you.  On ONE STREET, for a couple of miles.  Volcano's, the Billaggio fountains, the lights, the nut balls on the sidewalks?  It's all there.  And it's GREAT!  Everyone should see it one time.

But that isn't ALL that's Las Vegas.

Deb and I find ourselves there at LEAST once a year.  And we don't gamble.  Much.  We go there for some OTHER reason.  This year, it's been a family wedding, a soccer tournament, and my friend, Lisa Landry, the comedian, did a show down there and Deb didn't want to go, so my friend, Phil and I did, and had a, "Boys Night Out" in Las Vegas.  We didn't gamble, either.  But we did use Deb and my condo time share.

It's a sight to see.  I love to see my old friend, Melissa and her husband Mike when we go down there.

It's a great place to see.  To hang out.

Last month, when my friend, Lisa, the comedian was there, she was in a club, on top of, Cabo Wabo at Planet Hollywood and performing on a stage that was in front of a HUGE glass window.  Her background?  The AWESOME fountains at the Billaggio!

How cool was that.  I got to see my friend tell jokes, in front of Las Vegas' coolest attraction!  Muffin top, doing comedy in front of, "BLASTOFF". 

Way cool.

I LOVE, Las Vegas.  Costco sells booze!  In N' Out Burger.  Trader Joes.  Henderson is to LV, as Murray is to SLC.

Penn & Teller.  Seen them TWICE in the last year, because they are so awesome!  If you haven't?  You should.  And YES, spend the $100 a ticket for the front row.  You won't regret it.  Did it for Deb and I last spring.  Did it in November for us AND Danny and his soccer Buddy, Trenton.  And worth every penny.

This town is awesome.  Full fun all the time.  But best done a week at a time.

I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment