Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Don't YOU DARE Talk Bad About Mitt Romney In Utah. Even If I Did It First

Tonight, on Facebook, an old friend of mine posted that she wishes people would quit judging Mitt Romney based on his religion and politics.

Well, she's half right.  You SHOULD judge a politician on his politics.  As for his religion?  I would judge them on that, but you might not want to if you, yourself HAVE a religion.  I would judge you poorly if you DO have one.  But that's a whole other blog.

My response was that I didn't think that was the only reason people judge Mitt poorly.  That it might have something to do with his putting his foot in his mouth and his dog on his roof, that lead people to question his character.  And that he was not able to relate to the regular folks, the ones who didn't have, "car elevators" that put him at a disadvantage.

Oh man.  Batten down the hatches!

I was told by, and I have to assume a relative, only because the last name was the same, that this person was NOT going to debate politics of FB and that I was pretty much going to lose all my friends (on FB, I took her to mean, but she could have meant in life, too) for being a jerk!
Well, that last part might be true.  But I had NO intention of starting a political argument.  I was just making conversation!

Then everyone else chimed in.  I was getting pummeled with video links to Romney speeches, and stuff he said today, and even stuff President Obama said, that had NOTHING to do with what we were talking about!

Man, I guess you better not criticize, "The Mittster" in Utah!

Look.  I make no bones about my political stance.  I'm a Liberal because I have a college education and I learned HOW to think, and not WHAT to think.  I don't take my orders from some guy who lives in the sky.  And doesn't exist.  I don't believe some fiction from hundreds of years ago should tell me who should love each other.  And I sure don't believe it should tell my GOVERNMENT how to run things.

But I did not try to pick a fight.  I just MADE, A, COMMENT, ON, A, FRIENDS, POST, ON, FACEBOOK!

I feel I should quote the, "Holy Movie", Stripes, here.  "Lighten up, Francis."

I won't vote for Mitt because I'm a Democrat and he's a Republican.  End of story.

But the rest of the story?  I don't think I want a Mormon running the country, and I MARRIED one!  I used to play hockey with a guy who owned all the Hardee's stores in Utah.  And he used to complain that the guys he hired with BYU MB A's to run his stores, couldn't think for themselves.  They couldn't solve a problem if it wasn't addressed in the manual.  They can't think for themselves.  They were taught WHAT to think, not HOW to think.  That disturbs me.  What if Mitt is like that and things fall to shit?

I don't want a guy who made millions in American using our system to his advantage, who then sent his money to The Caymans and Switzerland so he didn't have to pay taxes on it, to be President.  I think that is a chicken shit move.

I don't have a problem with a rich guy being President.  All of our Presidents were.  But this guy seems SO out of touch with reality.  Car Elevators?  Really?  Cadillacs on BOTH coasts?  Wow.  I'm pretty rich myself.  I drive an Audi and a new Camaro, but I don't need an elevator to move cars around my house.  I just have to wake up my teenage son and tell him to move my old truck I gave him so I can get the Camaro out of the, "Garage Ma Hall" in the back of the house.

So, no, I won't vote for Mitt.  Because of his dog on his roof, and his foot in his mouth, ("Corporations are people, my friend!") among other reasons. 

His religion is WAY down on the list for me.  And a lot of other people.  So lighten up, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment