Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm The 47%. And I'm Richer Than YOU! Pay Attention.

More than 30 years ago, my wife and I both took jobs with the State of Utah.  We took them because they promised a living, not a great one, but a good one.  And if we worked for the good people of the State of Utah for, at the time, 30 years, we would get 60% or our income in a pension every month, and lifetime health insurance.  PEHP, Public Employees Health Plan.

Well, turns out the State of Utah lied to us.  In 2006, Governor John Huntsman signed into law HB213 that took AWAY my retirement health care.  After all, you have to run government like a business, don't you?

No.  It's totally different.  But you have to work in it to understand that.

But, like in business?  They kept that health care for anyone who had served in the Legislature for 10 years.  For life.  I spent 23 years in the states trailer parks, jails, prisons, and meth labs, and I got FIVE YEARS of paid health insurance.

The time in the meth labs?  Gave me bladder cancer.  But not insurance to cover it.

In the thirty years my wife and I worked for the State of Utah, we found out my wife has RP and is losing her sight.  She had to go on disability in 1995.  So she is on Social Security and Medicare.  We had a daughter who is Autistic.  She can't work.  She is on Social Security Disability and Medicare, cause other wise, with out my promised, but later taken away medical insurance, no one would cover her.

So, I have a GOVERNMENT pension.  My wife has one too.  And Social Security disability.  As does my daughter.  And my son gets some money too, since his mom is disabled.

This is a pretty good country that pays you for working FOR it even when working for it fucks you up.  Would you have it any other way?  Would you like everyone who has a hard luck story to just have to stand at the exit to Walmart and BEG to be taken care of?

Mitt Romney does.  I might be one of the 47%  who takes money from the government.  But he's part of the 1% that doesn't want to pay taxes to support the government he benefits from!

This guy is a total prick!  And if you work for, and receive a pay check?  And you vote for HIM?  You're nuts.

My friend, Barb Guy who Deb and I met on our first trip to Cuba posted a quote from, Politico tonight, and I think it's right.  "Mitt Romney's campaign is SO dead, the Mormons have already baptised it."

I hope she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment