Monday, September 24, 2012

Reallly? Airplane Windows Should Roll Down? REALLY?

OK, I thought this was a joke.  I thought it had to be something from, "The Onion".  Mitt Romney wondered, out loud, why his wife couldn't roll down her airplane window when her plane had to make an emergency landing.  After all, there was NO OTHER SOURCE OF OXYGEN in the cabin.

Except for the, pressurization, that keeps OXYGEN in the cabin.

I found three different sources for this story, but I still hope it's wrong or a hoax.  Because I can't believe that someone who is running for President of this country, as the candidate of one of the two major parties, and went to school at Stanford, could actually say this.

I'm not an engineer.  And I'm no scientist.  But I've been flying on airplanes since I was about three years old.  And my father?  Well, when someones not smart, they say, "He's no rocket scientist".  He WAS a rocket scientist.  So I could pretty much ask him anything, and get a good answer.

You put a hole, even a little one, in the outside of an airliner at 36K feet in the air, and pretty soon?  You have a, "fart tube" that collapses like a submarine when it goes too deep.  Don't worry about the fall killing you.  The -60 degree temperature and lack of oxygen will do you in LONG before you hit the ground.

This is why you have to take an FAA approved class to do extraditions, and carry your handgun on an airplane.  Even an Air Marshall knows that actually USING a handgun on an airplane, while it's in the air?  Is the absolute, last resort to keeping it from being hijacked.

Hell, if they want to hijack it and LAND it somewhere?  Let em do it.  Shoot em when you're on the ground.  But you can't always be sure of that, I know.

If the man who wants to be the leader of the free world, doesn't understand why there is no crank on his airplane window?  He is not smart enough to be the leader of the free world.  End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment