Sunday, April 8, 2012

Atheist Easter

This was a great day.  I got to sleep in.  The weather was perfect.  My friend, Steve brought his dog over for a, "Dog Day" and Murphy and Solly got along great.

Deb and the kids visited her mom, and took her some Easter goodies.  Watching the end of, The Masters was awesome.  My mom came over for dinner, always love to see her.

Then I screwed it up.  Too much ham.  Too much of, "The Mormon Potato's".  Too much of Deb's awesome cabbage salad.

If there is a God, he's getting me back for not being a believer.  I BELIEVE I have indigestion.

It's 12:30 and I KNOW I can't sleep yet.

One of these days, I'm going to realize I'm old.  And have one scoop of potato's, instead of two.  Same goes for the ham and the salad.

But next week is going to be even MORE dangerous than this one.  It's Greek Easter.  This means mass quantities of AWESOME food.  And Ouzo and Metaxa will flow freely.

If I was smart, before we go over to Phil and Jami's next Sunday, I would drink a gallon of water and take one of those pills that makes you puke if you drink alcohol so I could get to sleep at a reasonable hour on that night.

Oh, wait.  I don't have to get up on Monday.  I'm retired.  I think I'll have an extra helping of Moussaka, and, "Hey, Phil!  get me another, Metaxa will ya?!"

Yahsoo!  Christos Anista!  My favorite holiday of the year!

Good food, the BEST friends in the world, good drink and, The Punch Rare Corojoe's have arrived at, The Tinder Box.  Here every year, about Easter time.  Oh, and on top of that?  The NHL playoffs start this Wednesday.  It's the most, wonderful, time, of the year!

Well this and college Bowl Game Season.

I think there is a religious holiday around then too if I'm not mistaken.  Coincidence or act of God?  Maybe I'd better pray about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment