Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Just Lost 50 Friends. And I'm OK With It.

Facebook is awesome.  It's so much fun to NOT be under every ones radar cause I'm still working undercover dope, as is my wife, and Probation and Parole. Which we both did for 20 years.

After I retired, and found out about Facebook. I got in touch with old friends I haven't been in touch with for 35 years. It was awesome!

But some of them? I realized WHY I hadn't been in touch with them in 35 years. They were nuts!

And you can see this stuff on Facebook. They post their feelings. And they tell the truth.

When I first got into the Facebook thing, I tossed out friend requests right and left. What the heck, I WANT to NOW be back in touch with people. Worked out pretty good, to tell the truth.

Met some great people I keep in touch with on line. Keep in touch with folks we've done tours with to Europe and Cuba (Going BACK there this summer). Met my friend the comedian, Lisa Landry who, Deb and I have been to see in Denver and Las Vegas, and who's going to come here this summer.
June 14, 15, 16 at Wiseguys Comedy Club in Trolley Square. Trying to PACK the house for her on Friday night, the 15th. Please come. She's so funny, you will stay in the room when an awesome looking, pretty, young, blonde is on stage and KEEPS her clothes on!

That's funny. Trust me. It's one of her jokes, I stoled.

But tonight, I just realized that the friend total on Facebook, does not mean these people are really your friends. If you're on FB just to accumulate Friends? You probably don't have many in real life."

So, I deleted about 50 of them. I figured I'd free up some room to let my REAL friends, post on my Wall. I'm now on a quest to LOWER my friends list.

Not that I don't LIKE my Facebook friends. But are we really friends? Do we hang out? Do you even bother to POST on my wall? Or are we just FB friends because we used to be acquaintances at some point?

I think, that in light of the whole FB phenomenon? Most of our, "friends"? Are only sort of, friends.

So If I deleted you? Don't take it personally. I don't hate you, I don't not want you to still be a friend. In person, if I ever see you.
I'm just trimming the stuff on my FB page.

If you don't ever message me, chat with me, email me? We're friends in some other dimension. But not really on Facebook.

I've tried to keep the folks from MHS 77 on line. Former co-workers, and long time Facebook friends. But you don't like my politics, my opinions, or my posts? And other wise we don't have anything in common? You're probably gone tonight.

Just simplifying my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment