Sunday, July 10, 2011

1847, Mormons Illegally Immigrate To Mexico. 2011, Mormons HATE Illegal Mexicans Taking It Back. Go figure.

On July 24, 1847, Brigham Young led the Mormons (who are only here because they had been thrown out of all the GOOD states) into the Salt Lake Valley, and as legend says, told his followers that, "This is the place".  Only one problem with that.  This place belonged to Mexico.  And, Brigham and his followers were illegally crossing the border, and taking land that didn't belong to them.

But in all fairness?  They didn't take any one's JOB!  Credit where it's due.

Good thing the Mexicans didn't have their own, "Imigre" at the time.  They would have shot those covered wagons full of holes, and this place would not have any where NEAR the number of nice golf courses it has now.

So, in light of THAT history, why do Mormons hate Mexicans so much now?  And I say Mexicans, instead of illegal aliens because they don't hate ALL illegal immigrants.  Just the brown ones.

My brother in law, who came here without papers from Norway, many, many years ago as a child, but was coming here as a MORMON, never had to be naturalized.  No one tried to send his ass back to the arctic circle.  Hell, he served 20+ years in the Air Force and retired from it, without anyone noticing until we all went on a cruise in 1996, and Rolf couldn't get a Passport!  Because he had never become a citizen!

I know what you're thinking.  No, he was not a, Norwegian, "Anchor Baby".  He was 4 years old when his parents came here.  But he was sure, WHITE AND DELIGHTSOME!

And Mormon.

So, why now do these self righteous, right wing, Mormon, Conservatives want our cherry crop to go rotten, and all our hotel rooms to not have clean sheets?

Have you seen what's happening in Georgia this summer?  Google it.  That, "progressive" state passed an Arizona like, "Show me your papers" law last year.  Got just what they wanted, too.  Ran ALL the illegals out of the state.  Now they're paying for it.

The one news story I read estimates that they are 11 thousand people short of what they need this summer to harvest their crops that are starting to come ripe.  Even offering locals, $10 an hour to pick fruit, with no benefits, the locals won't take the job.  Estimates reach the millions of dollars in lost revenue for the farmers.

The state has pushed it's prison inmates into the fields to work, but with not much success.  Those guys don't have the skills to pick raspberry's and other crops as fast as the illegals, so it's not working out very well.

And if you were already in prison, and there was nothing in it for you anyway?  How hard would you work in the Georgia sun? 

Are you starting to see what I'm talking about here?

My 15 year old wants a job desperately this summer.  But since he's not 16 yet, no one will hire him.  I know him pretty well, and I am willing to bet that one day of picking cucumbers would make him quit.  I'm pretty sure next summer that he will land a job working at Murray Park, or, McDonald's or someplace.  And even if he's cleaning restrooms or flipping burgers, he's going to stick with it for the pay check.  But he won't pick fruit.

That's hard work.

I personally have experience with the, "criminal illegals" that the Conservatives are always raving about.  In the summer of 1994, when Pioneer Park and it's environs were a public drug market, the SLCPD was running out of new faces to make buy/busts in the area.  Since our office was just across the street from theirs, and we were Peace Officers, too, they asked us for help.

So one night a week from April to September that summer, we would spend half the night doing undercover drug buys, then trade off with the other guys and spend the second half of the night being the take down team when the deal had been done.

That might have been as much fun as I ever had being a Cop.  Trying to buy dope on Second South in an old, confiscated Lincoln Mark IV, with my Jack Daniel's T-shirt, and a bandanna around my head.  And a .40 Caliber Glock under my right thigh, since you couldn't wear a holster in that situation.

We arrested 292 people doing that one night a week.  269 of them were illegal aliens.  Not a hockey player in the bunch, so you know which boarder they crossed.  Yes there ARE Mexicans, who come to this country to participate in illegal activities, and try to earn their money THAT way.  I know it happens, I've seen it up close and personal.

You sure as hell can't say that THAT ever happened with the Italians, or Irish, or Russians, or Cubans who came to this country the LEGAL way!  God knows every single one of those people took a job changing sheets at the Holiday Inn, and never looked back while becoming outstanding citizens, and eventually, millionaires.

Which is why, "The Soprano's", a complete work of fiction, was so popular.

Now, if I were to, "generalize" about a group of people based only on the ones you see in the news for getting arrested after committing a crime, and I lived in Utah?  I'd have to say ALL Mormons are involved in Ponzie schemes involving Book of Mormon gold mines in the mountains above Springville, or stuff like New Skin (same old scheme) or Noni juice.  Because in my 20+ years as a Probation/Parole Agent in this state, I knew a WHOLE lot more than 269 of THOSE folks!

I can't tell you how many Bishops, and Stake Presidents were on probation or parole for stealing from New York Life while working for them, or for sexual crimes, or other rip offs.  But if I were to paint ALL Mormons with that brush, I'd get run out of town!

Yet the right wing, Mormon, Republicans can make the blanket claim that all the illegals are here to commit crime, and they get away with it.  I'm thinking because it's because most Mormons are not brown.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  Coming here without papers is a crime in itself!  So is having sex with 14 year old girls because God said you should, having more than one wife, smoking marijuana, and telling your neighbor that if he buys his Noni Juice from YOU, HE will get rich.  Where are you going to draw the line?

Like the guy in the paper this morning, the, "Minuteman".  Hate the illegals, but it's not about racism.  It's about the fact that they come here without permission, and that's breaking the law.  So is having 4 wives, like his daddy did.  Where are you going to draw that line, again?

So, as we prepare to celebrate the 164th Anniversary of the illegal immigration of the Mormons into Mexico (and I have to ask?  Why the fireworks and AMERICAN flag displays for THIS holiday?  WTF?  It's TOTALLY local, and they didn't shoot their way in.  They snuck over the boarder like the Mexicans they hate, do NOW) I would just have to ask my Mormon friends, why they vote for people who have so much hate in their heart?

Most of the Mormons I know are caring, compassionate, wonderful people.  But they elect bigots and racists to run the legislature.

In my life, I come in contact with illegals every day of it.  And in just about every situation, I'm better off for it.  They cook my meals, they clean my car, they make up my motel room, they trim trees in my neighborhood, they take care of the lawns I drive by every day, and the truth be known?  The whole country would be Georgia without them.

So lighten up.  Unless YOU want to raise YOUR kid to hope to one day, be mowing lawns like his daddy did, you're going to have to live with this.

Quit hating because these folks are brown.  YOU wouldn't take the job you allege they are TAKING from you or your kid, and you KNOW IT!

And you Utah Mormons hate them because they are not, White and Delightsome, and they tend to be Catholic.  Not because they are here illegally.

If Canada's economy suddenly became like Mexico's (and that won't happen, because THEY have a national health care plan, like Mexico.  But without all the political corruption) and we were over run with an invasion of, "Frost Backs" and they were mostly Alberta Mormons?  I don't think here would be any, "show me your papers" law targeting guys in plaid, wool shirts with beards who are taking all our lumber jack and hockey playing jobs.

I'm just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment