Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Thought LIsa Landry Was Telling A Joke. Nope. Sadly, It's True.

Presidential Candidate, and current Minnesota Congresswoman, Michele Bachmann (R) has been the first to sign onto a candidates agreement to defend traditional marriage, and push for a Constitutional Amendment to make Gay marriage, or any other marriage but her Christian, one man, one woman marriage, illegal.

I continue to find it amazing that these Christians continually claim that The Constitution was, "Divinely Inspired" and from God's mouth to the ears of the founding fathers, while constantly wanting to AMEND it!  WTF?

A group called, THE FAMiLY LEADER (Yes, it's spelled THAT way on their web site), who identifies itself as a right wing, Christian organization, has posted this agreement.  And, from their press release, Bachmann has been the first to sign on.

Well, good for her.  This will give her red meat, Teabagger followers something to glom onto.

But if you read it?  You have to wonder why someone with as little knowledge of our history is considered a serious candidate for President.

In part it states, "Enduring marital fidelity between one man and one woman protects innocent children, vulnerable women, the rights of fathers, the stability of families, and the liberties of all American citizens under our republican form of government."  OK, I'll buy that.  To a degree.  What about the rights of mothers AND fathers?  What about protecting vulnerable women AND men?  And do we really believe that the liberties of ALL American citizens are at stake if we let Gay people marry?  Because I think that's a bit of a stretch.

But the interesting part comes at the end of that paragraph (which by the way, appears on page 3 of this document).  It states, and I shit you not, "Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA's first African-American President."

You still think these, Teabaggers aren't racist?

Wow.  Really?  Before the end of Slavery, the African American kid had a BETTER chance to grow up with his parents than NOW?

If you think about it though, if it weren't for SLAVERY, we wouldn't HAVE any African American family's.  So I guess you Teabaggers could call slavery, "a curse and a blessing"?  Just guessing.

I have a friend, Face book friend, and after we went to meet her in Denver last year, REAL friend, Lisa Landry.  Lisa is a stand up comedian.  And in my humble opinion, one of THE funniest people ever.  You might have heard her if you listen to, Bob and Tom on the radio.  Or seen her on, Comedy Central.

She posted on the wall about this signing, and the ridiculous claim that African American families had a better chance to stay together under Slavery than, Obama (and I'm quoting form memory, but I'm sure I got it mostly right), "Yeah, right up until they got SOLD!"

I thought she was kidding.  I really thought my friend was just making this up to make a joke.  So, being a political blogger, who wants to check his facts, I started to look into this.

I'll be damned.  Lisa wasn't kidding.  She WAS making it a joke, but, the joke was true!  Michele Bachmann signed a paper that says African American families had a BETTER chance of having their kids grow up in a two parent family under SLAVERY than under the Obama Administration!

No one is going to deny that a lot of African American kids are born to single mothers.  As are Hispanic kids.  Society has changed, things aren't like they were in the 60's.  The 1960's.  But life is still a lot better for Blacks and everyone else than it was in the 1860's!

This, along with her thinking the Revolutionary War started in New Hampshire instead of Battle Green in Massachusetts, her saying the actor, John Wayne was from her hometown of Waterloo, Iowa when in reality it was the murdering pedophile, John Wayne Gacy who lived there for a time, and her other stupid statements just leave me wondering what kind of a dumb ass thinks this woman should be seriously considered for President of The Uninted States?

This is going to cost me some friends, but at this point, if you believe the bullshit you're hearing from the right wing?  I'm not sure I want to be around you anyway.  I mean, we usually have alcohol and there are guns in the house, and fast cars.  So if you believe Michele Bachmann should be a considered a serious candidate for President?  You're not very stable.  She is an idiot.

So, if you don't believe me, if you don't believe what I write in, The Truthstick, go ahead and look it up.  And when you do?  You will know I'm not making this shit up.  Just putting it out there.

And Lisa Landry makes her living being funny.  But she is funny because, sometimes?  The truth is funnier than fiction.

So I guess what I'm doing here is what the media, the Fourth Estate, didn't do when, "W" was President.  Call, "BULLSHIT' on bullshit.

Michele Bachmann is batshit crazy.  And dumber than a box of hammers.  And anyone who thinks she would make a good President is, too.

I know Keith Olbermann is going to do this story on Monday.  I hope he is, anyway.  But you heard it here first.  I, "scooped" him by two days!  And I'm sure the 9 people who read my blog on a regular basis will be thrilled that I beat his audience of millions!

No comments:

Post a Comment