Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bubble, Day 3. "Go CITY!" PCSC Wins The Tournament.

Up early again.  Man these tournaments in other counties that start at 10 am!  You have to be down there at 9 so the boys can warm up.  I hate getting up early on a Saturday!  I hate getting up early ANY day, but it ought to be illegal on Saturday.

This mornings game was a rematch with the team they lost to on Thursday night.  And I had a feeling they would win this time.  They should have won on Thursday, but it was Trenton and Danny's first game with this team, and the other team got a fluke goal with only a few minutes left.  But they are two pretty evenly matched teams.

Trenton got, "CITY", as their parents call the team, on the board first.  He had a game winner yesterday.  So he was really a contributor.  Danny played solid defense.  And with a goal just after half time, they held on to win 2-1 and take home a medal.

Then I got to get the HELL out of Utah County!  What a relief!  I felt myself getting smarter the further north I went.

Stopped in Draper to have an In N Out burger for lunch on the way home.  And for some reason, a parking spot was open right in front of the door.  Didn't even have to use, Deb's handicapped parking pass.  So, "The Bitchin' Camaro" got a lot of attention from the folks eating outside.

As I was filling my ice tea back up to leave, a young woman with a little boy, maybe two years old asked if that was my Camaro outside?  And I told her it was.  She said her son really liked the car, and asked if he could look inside before we left.  Sure, I told her.  We were just leaving and he could sit inside and check it out.

When she put him the drivers seat, the initial thrill quickly turned to shear terror!  He shot his mother a look that said, "Get me OUTTA here!"  Looking at a Transformer is WAY different from being INSIDE one, I guess.

They thanked me for letting him check it out, but I kind of felt bad that I'd scared him.  But, Deb told me when we got in the car, that as she walked by them to get in, he was pointing at the car and saying to his mom, "Want that!"  So I guess the scare didn't last too long.

This whole, "guest player" thing with the PC folks was a really, good experience.  The boys made some new friends.  The parents were awesome and welcomed us into their fold.  I'm really glad we got the opportunity to do this.

Now, we'll see how the new friends get along later this week.  Murray Max plays PCSC on Friday morning at 8:30 in THEIR tournament, and Trenton and Danny will be, "back in black".  And orange.  Go Murray will replace, Go City for us.  But win lose or draw, I'm sure glad to have some new friends.  And can't wait to go to Las Vegas with them this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment