Wednesday, July 20, 2011

First Truthstick Food Review. Busy Bee? You Got Some, "Splainin" To Do!

I was going to meet an old friend of mine from high school (we were on the Debate Team together) for lunch today.  And she couldn't figure out how to find, Gepetto's in Holiday.  Where everyone from Murray High went in the 70's.  So, figuring out she was, "directionally challenged" I picked a place that no one could miss.  The Busy Bee on 2100 S. and State Street.  She said she had never had a Garlic Burger, so this seemed like a good time to show her the awesome magic of too much garlic, and the best steak fries in the state.

But, alas, the steak fries were GONE!  WTF!?

I got ratty looking, narrow fried potato's that actually looked like they were covered in BATTER!  Like the shitty fries that have kept me from eating at, Burger King for 20 years or more!  These things were AWFUL!  What happened to the Steak Fries?

I have to say, that comparing Garlic Burgers in this valley really comes down to, The Busy Bee and, The Cotton Bottom.  And for me?  The deciding factor, when I'm going to commit to a meal that will kill me later anyway, was that, The Cotton Bottom was a little too much, "Billy Goat Tavern" ("No fries, cheeeps!  Cheeseburger?").  The burger is awesome, but the chips?  In a greasy bag from, Frito Lay?  Just can't stack up to the Steak Fries at, The Busy Bee.  If those are gone?  Well, I'm living closer to the, "Bottom", so I'll save the trip.

French fries are subjective, I realize.  But in my, humble opinion, the thick, Steak Fries are the best.  Red Robin, Wingers and, "The Bee" did them best.  Now?  I'm going to be eating expensive burgers or chicken fingers when I want Steak Fries, I guess.

So, Busy Bee owners, operatives, employees, patrons who know something, please explain yourselves!  Please.

And another telling thing the waitress said when taking our order, "I hope you want fries or a salad, we're out of onion rings" and this was at noon.  Not late in the afternoon.  Noon.  So does this tell me this place is in trouble, and not paying it's bills, or keeping it's suppliers happy?  I need to know.

My advice to anyone who likes to have lunch at this place?  Boycott them until they bring back the Steak Fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment