Friday, February 12, 2010

I've made a Horrible mistake!

I'm scheduled to fly out of SLC at 00:50 hours on Monday morning and spend almost 24 hours getting to, Grenada so my wife can enjoy some, "beach time" in, "The Carib" this winter. I should have just stayed home! It was WARM here today, and climate change has been disproven by the snow on the east coast!

Just ask, "Faux News".

All kidding aside, I'm not looking forward to this trip. Deb slipped on the ice at her mom's house last month, has a back injury, and can hardly walk. So getting to Grenada is going to be a chore. I hope we don't get into anywhere late and have to, "run" for a plane. Because it's not happening.

And not only do we fly out at a crummy time, we leave Grenada at 07:55 hours in the morning to come home on the 23rd! So my last night in paradise, I have to go to bed at 8 o'clock so I can get up and take a taxi to the airport! That's not good.

I'm not blaming, Kathy, my travel agent. I love her to death, and she's done great things for us. But it's hard to get to/from places like Grenada when you live in SLC. I bet there are not a dozen people a year from SLC that go to Grenada on purpose. Not counting wack-a-loon missionary's and people who book a cruise and don't really, care where it goes.

Last time we were there, and it WAS a cruise (but we booked it on purpose. I wanted to see this island) the folks there where glad we invaded in 1984 and ran the, Cubans out. But they thought we stayed a little too long. Sound familiar?

And there were, Cuban trucks and crews there repairing the damage from the last hurricane. Go figure.

This is going to be an adventure. I'll blog and send pictures to the FB page when we get back. The trip will be tough, coming and going. I'm hoping the week there is good.

And tonight, I said something to my friend, Phil, who's leaving on a cruise, flying out tonight, that I will probably never, ever have the chance to say to anyone, again. "I'll see you in, Grenada on Wednesday morning." What a great line!

2 comments:

  1. Can't you book a hotel in Miami or somewhere with a direct flight and stay there for night before and after Grenada? How many flights are there into Grenada anyway? Enjoy the sunshine, cigars and sand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess, now that I know better, I would. But it was all about getting, "The Blind Lady" to the beach. If I do it again? Yeah, a couple of days in, Miami, or, San Juan. Or, as, Delta is planning, New York!

    ReplyDelete