Saturday, February 13, 2010

Note to Atlanta. Buy a plow!

My friends, Phil and Jami have embarked on their 30Th Anniversary trip, a cruise that leaves out of, San Juan, Puerto Rico. They left SLC on Friday night, around six o'clock, Mountain Standard Time. And then, it got weird.

They had to fly to Las Vegas, then, Atlanta, then, San Juan. Should have been there this afternoon. Giving them a day to explore the lovely city of, San Juan (which looks like, Havana. But with, "Wendy's" and, "Taco Maker" signs and, Walgreen's Drug Stores) before they embarked on their first cruise on Sunday afternoon.

But no. This didn't happen.

The flight from LV to Atlanta was cancelled. And hour and a half later, they left for, Memphis. The flight from, Memphis to, Atlanta didn't even LEAVE until there flight to, San Juan had already left. Five hour lay over, got to, San Juan about ten o'clock local time (7 o'clock MT time, so a 24 hour trip).

Now, I TOLD them that flying Delta is usually a good thing, but every time you go through, Atlanta, something BAD will happen. And I was right.

Deb and I have sat on tarmacs for HOURS waiting for the storms to quit in, Atlanta before we could fly there from, Florida. We have had to leave the SLC airport, at one in the morning, because of ice in, Atlanta, come back at six, AM, fly to Dallas, then, San Juan on, American Airlines, who lost our luggage, and we almost missed our cruise.

I went to the first formal night on that cruise in a tuxedo, and black, Lands End sandals, because my shoes were in the bag that, AA lost! And even though they paid us for it, we never recovered the stuff lost in that bag.

Ice storm in, Atlanta.

OK, Delta, are you listening? We have to talk. Since the only time the SLC Airport slowed me down in the last, oh, I don't know? EVER! Was for a really bad snow storm that lasted TWO HOURS about six years ago. Atlanta? A TOTAL crap shoot, every, freaking', time I fly through there from, September to May! Why is this place still your, East Coast Hub!

Do the people there not know about, SALT for their runways? Have they never heard of a, SNOWPLOW? WTF?

I'm leaving tomorrow for, Grenada, and I'm pretty sure, all things considered, that I won't get there on time. BECAUSE I HAVE TO GO THROUGH, ATLANTA!

Come on, Delta! Move the hub to, Jacksonville, or, Miami or, Fort Lauderdale. Hell, despite what happened LAST week, even Dulles near, DC gets less ice and snow than, Atlanta! And if I'm wrong? Then the folks in, DC have a PLOW, and some, SALT!

I'm a, Silver Medallion Member, would you at least listen to me?

I can't help but feel bad about going, but still want to go.

Oh, and charging for bags? On an airplane? Is a chicken shit move. Put the cost in the airfare. Do the right thing.

At least they serve, Coke products, and not that shitty, Pepsi. You take what you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment