Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day two in paradise




$ECD means, Eastern Caribbean Dollars. So when lunch is $34EC, and a bottle of rum is, $50EC, it's not really THAT expensive. The conversion rate is about 3 to one. I think it was actually, $2.70EC to, $1US. After the whole week there, and all we spent, my bill was about $500EC at, Coyaba (not including the room, I paid for that ahead of time).
Tuesday night, the owner host's a meet and greet. He pays for the drinks. Nice guy. Free happy hour at, Coyaba.
I've always looked at constellations, since I was a kid. Orion is the easy one to find in the southern sky in the winter. But here, in, Grenada, being only 12 degrees above the Equator, the warrior looks like he has a new uniform. So bright, and shinny!
And yes, we can see the Southern Cross, and not for the first time. It's old hat for us now. And we know EXACTLY why we come this way. Because it's awesome to be here, and we should spend every winter here. And some day, we will.
Tomorrow I'm going to get, "Maced" for the second time in my life. But tonight, glorious weather, and it's the best place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment