Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Bitchin' Camaro, Bitchin Camaro! I ran over my neighbor..."


I can't remember if it was, "The Dead Kennedy's", or, "The Dead Milkmen", but one of those "Dead" band's did a song back in the 80's called, "Bitchin' Camaro" It might be because I worked in the Juvenile Court System then, that I remember, "Bitchin" being the equivalent of, "cool". Like, "Bad" meaning, good back then. Michael Jackson's, "I'm Bad" did NOT mean he couldn't sing. And, "Bitchin" didn't mean the, Camaro would not start. Trust me.

I got the new, Camaro, and I just don't think the, "U of U" plate, B209H does it justice. This car almost screams out for a personalized plate.

I've been looking at the state's data base for personalized plates. With the, "U of U" plate, I only have five spaces to work with. So the natural would be, "STICK". The one I had in high school and until I was 30. But after 20+ years as a PO, and trying to stay undercover and giving it up, someone else has it. So be it.

So, I'm thinking, "BITCN", for the song, "Bitchin Camaro". But it's still available because I'm sure the prude's at the state won't let ANYONE have it. It's, "naughty".

I ran through some other choices. "1080" is still there. As a former, Cop I know that 10-80 is Police, ten code for, high speed chase. And as a former, Cop, I'd never get into one, but the car is fast. So you have to see the humor in that. And, "1042", which is 10-42 meaning, ending tour of duty, since I'm retired.

My son is a good soccer player, but I don't think he'll make the high school team as a 9th Grader or Sophomore, so he'll be playing for the Murray Max club team for at least a couple more years, and their colors are orange and black, so maybe, "MAX11"? It's available.

Deb and I are, "Parrot Heads" so maybe, "PRTHD", or, "MGV" for, Margaritavill. Both, still available. But, "1700" for, "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" is already taken. So is, "FINS". In the 70's my buddy, Fuddley had a 1957 GMC Pickup truck with the plate, "A1A", which was the title of a, Jimmy Buffett album. That's gone, too.

I could go with my badge number, "2055", still available. Shortly after I got hired, they quit putting numbers on the badges. Too expensive.

Or, "357MG" after my favorite gun? Nope. Too late, already gone in the, "Gun Rights State". You can have a gun license plate, but not a, "naughty" license plate? By the way, "40CAL" is still available, but, "GLOCK" is not.

I'd be willing to bet that the folks at the DMV would not let me have, "NONMO", or, "NOTMO".

"FAST" is gone.

Maybe, "BTBCS" for beating the BCS system by the Utes would fly. I don't know if anyone would know what it meant. Or, "NOBCS"? I'm pretty sure they wouldn't ok, "YSUKS". But I might get, "34312" as in, Utah wins 34-31 cubed. NO ONE would figure that out!

Maybe I should go with, "A362" since my call sign was, "Thirty eight Alpha 362", and when we called in in the Salt Lake Valley we just said, "Salt Lake, Alpha 362" and they knew who we were.

We really like it in, Belize, so maybe, "BLEZE"? I'm a delegate to the County and State Conventions for the D's, so I could get, "DEM48".

My good friend, Terri told me that, "MHS77" was, "too girly, and not you". I thought it would be cool, but I'll listen to her advice.

Deb hates, "BITCN", but if they give it to me? I'll win car shows with that plate. And she went to a, "Dead Kennedy's/Milkmen" concert with her nephew in about 1987 where she heard that song, because her brother lived in Utah County and wouldn't take his son to this concert in Salt Lake County, but wouldn't allow him to go unsupervised. "Aunt Debbie" volunteered. She can't say shit about it! She experienced it! I have her there!

No comments:

Post a Comment