Saturday, April 3, 2010

Final Four

I'm unhappy that, The Mountaineers lost. Since both of my parents went to school there (no, they weren't related before they got married. So keep your West Virginia stereotypes to yourself! My father was a Rocket Scientist). But I was glad my 76 year old mother was able to stay up long enough to watch the game. Those, Duke boys can shoot the 3. They're a great basketball team. And now I'm going to tell you why I hope, Butler beats them like a rented Mule on Monday night.

Nothing personal, Duke, but this game on Monday is just another example of why the BCS sucks in football. Butler has already proved it, but if they win on Monday, mark my words, you will see the, "Major Conferences" come up with a way to keep guys like, Butler OUT of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. The BCS exists because of, But Your Uneducated winning a mythical national championship in football in 1983 (or was it 1984? Oh, I forgot. I don't give a shit). And if, Butler pulls this off, it will be the same as, BYU winning then. The networks, the big schools, Disney/ESPN will all blow a gasket, and start planning a way to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Can you imagine how much fun this would be in football? use the Bowl Games as playoff games. 11 Conferences play Division 1 football, so you have a 16 team playoff. It starts in warm weather states the second weekend in December, and ends on New Year's Day in the Rose Bowl? Awesome!

If that were in effect since the BCS crap was forced on us, Utah would have been National Champ twice in the last five years! LIGIT, National Champ!

The only downside to, Butler winning would be the endless references to the movie, "Hoosier's" since they are from, Indiana. I'm betting anyone who watches network news, especially the morning shows are going to hear it a hundred times next week if they win.

So, Duke fan's, don't take it personally that I am rooting for you to lose. You have a great team, and by all accounts, a great school. But the best thing that could happen to college FOOTBALL fans, who's school's don't belong to BCS Conferences, would be for you to lose, and lose big.

No comments:

Post a Comment